Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Italy

Hello everyone!

My name is Valentina, I'm almost 22 and I've been looking at this fabulous website for a while, and I finally decided to join the forum. I met my long distance partner more than 3 years ago on holiday with my family. We went to Kenya for a safari and he was our guide. I never thought at that time we would end up together, I mean, he lived so far..!
    So we just exchanged contacts on facebook and started chatting online for the months after. I went back to Kenya 3 months later and we were officially a couple! Since then we've been meeting roughly 3 times a year for 1 week up to 1 month, we talk everyday using all possible means (texting, twitter, e-mails, phone calls, video chats).
    Some days I find it very hard, not having him here with me, but I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. Plus he always tells me this: these few months apart won't really count once we're together forever

We live a long distance relationship because I'm still in school, I'm studying veterinary medicine in Italy, and he's working as a guide in all parks and national reserves of Kenya, we plan to start living together in 3 years, when my degree will be over. My dream is to work for wildlife conservancy in Kenya.

If you need any tips on animals or to plan a safari in Kenya you can ask me!

Welcome to LFAD! Very sweet story!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD ! Wow, our situations are quite similar

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
          Welcome to LFAD ! Wow, our situations are quite similar
          ahah yes I've noticed your picture! Did you too meet him on holiday? Maybe you wrote your story somewhere, but I don't know how to look for it

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! I like your story, it's cute and quite an unusual way to meet
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Thank you all! It's so good to see I'm not the only one in a long distance relationship, and I thought I was for so long!!

Comment

Working...
                X