Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Indiana

Hey There!!

My SO and I experienced the typical and unbelievably wonderful summer love. Let me tell you, there's a reason so many songs are written about it. Summer is the best time for new love to blossom. We had grown up together, knowing each other since kindergarden and separated just by a street. While we drifted apart after elementary, by a truly unlikely and crazy turn of events, we re-met in the end of our senior years of high school. While at the time neither of us was searching for or even wanted a relationship, we began to spend time together. To my surprise, he was everything I was looking for.

We got along perfectly, not that we never had disagreements, but we understood and complemented one another in ways I didn't think were possible at our young ages. It was like I could see his soul through his eyes. Sometimes, he didn't have to say anything, but I knew how he felt simply by gazing into his baby blues. We began a relationship, but I was tentative to give in to my feelings because I knew college would loom between us in the near future. He eventually began to reference the future, thus I realized he didn't plan on breaking up when summer was over. He was crazy about me, and I could tell he sincerely cared about me. Still, I was apprehensive. While slow dancing during his prom, I finally realized what I potentially had with him, then I fell for him. I let down my guard and we fell in love. Our relationship was so good, as good as it could be.

I didn't know what love was before I met him. Before, I had never really related to the love songs crooning on the radio or the romantic comedies that played out so perfectly on the screen. I didn't realize love could be so sweet, so pure, so blissful. That all changed as we strolled along the beach, in between the sand and the sea, just where the waves break. Every day was a treasure. Thus was our summer love.

As I write today, we just experienced our Three Month Anniversary of officially being together. While we spent time together before that, I understand that we haven't really been together that long, though it seems like I've known him forever. I laugh at myself now, because I'm not the hopeless romantic type. Instead, I'm quite logical, and, before my own relationship, possessed a long-time skepticism of young love. In our preciously short time, we have decided to try to make the LDR thing work. We are moving from sharing a street to being separated by an entire nation, but we both agree that we have something too rare and too good to give up on it. For the past month, we've been apart, as I've been vacationing in a summer home, and things have been going smoothly. Every day, we grow closer together, despite the distance. If anything, this brief time apart has taught me to believe that we have a change to stay together when we go off to our respective colleges.

While we'll be together in the same zip code briefly next week, all too soon, college will sweep me away. I trust in him though, and I trust in us. Like I said, he's what I've always dreamed for and more. I'm so thankful that I found this website, where I can find support and advice when things aren't so easy, as I expect will happen eventually.

Good luck to you all.

Welcome to teh forum

Comment

Welcome
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome! There's a few of us (or SO's) from Indiana floating around now.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum~! My SO is from Indiana.

~

Comment

Welcome! Where is everyone in Indiana? My SO's family is all over the state - but he currently lives in the Indy area.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
              Welcome! Where is everyone in Indiana? My SO's family is all over the state - but he currently lives in the Indy area.
              I also am in the Indy area!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                  X