Hi from Ohio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Ohio!

I am new to the forum and thought I'd take a moment to share my long distance story.

My boyfriend and I met while I was teaching English in Mexico in 2007-2009. Neither one of us was looking for anything serious, but isn't that when cupid's arrow always seems to hit its mark? We had one wonderful year together before I left Mexico and returned to the USA to start graduate school (something I had applied for and planned on doing long before I met him). We decided to try long distance to see if we could make it work, and 4 years later we are still going strong! I am now finished with graduate school and have just begun my career. I have to say, as the years go by I find the distance harder and harder to bear. It is certainly not something that grows easier with time, not for me at least. We are taking the next year or so to really figure out how we are going to make this work. Will I move back to Mexico? Will he move here? We know we can't keep this up indefinitely. Our situation is complicated by the fact that I am now burdened with student loans to repay, and he is trying to start a small business in Mexico and can't just pack up and leave it. We both desperately want to be together, I hope we can make something work. I can't imagine my life without him.

Anyway, thanks for reading a bit about my story. I look forward to sharing and giving advice and support with all of you in the future!

It most certainly does not get easier with time! I know whenever my boyfriend and I visit each other, each goodbye get's harder. I wish you the best!
    We've got each other and that's a lot
    For love - we'll give it a shot
    ]

Comment

welcome!
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I think for me the distance actually gets worse with time. I don't handle it well 99% of the time so I can relate! This place has been a huge help to me. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!
            February 2012 -- met online
            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
            April 2013 -- met in person
            June 2013 -- broke up
            July 2013 -- back together
            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
              X