Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Wisconsin :)

Hi there everyone-

I am soooooo glad to have found this site. I was led here by the lonely feeling I had this last time my man left to go home. It has been hard each time, but this time was the worst and I had to find a way to find comfort and learn how to bare the pain, this is helping so much already!!

Enough about that, here is the story:

It was by fluke that I met my boyfriend. I was a roommate of his best friend and they made plans for him to come and visit. I had never even heard his name before this. My roommate told me they were a lot alike, he was a big drinker and partier and what-not. So, I did not make any extra plans to be around while he was here because I have had enough with drunks and parties in that point in my life and did not want to deal with that again.

Well, he showed up and literally at first glance there was this amazing connection. We both had it and it was more than obvious by the slight hesitation before we could actually say hi after the introduction by my roommate. Thank goodness he is the type, like I am, that can start a conversation with anyone and keep it rolling. Immediately I reminded myself I was done with men for a long time due to awful marriages and relationships in my past.

He was supposed to only stay 4 days, and by the second day he and I were pretty much hip to hip for his whole stay and he actually ended up staying 11 days!!!!! Neither of us wanted to be away from each other and we had shared so many conversations, learned so much about each other, and it felt like we had known each other all our lives. I won't lie, I was scared to death because I had my heart guarded so heavily and somehow this man had been breaking that guard down just in the short time we knew each other.

I was devastated when he left. He had turned out to be nothing like my roommate had said and everything I had always wanted, at least I thought so then, and am sure now. It was a week before we talked again because he damaged his phone, but when we did talk again, it became an everyday thing. One night, we both agreed long distance relationships do not work and it would be pointless to even consider it. Well my roommate and I had planned a trip to visit him in Missouri where he lives. It did not work for my roommate to go, so I went myself. That was one month later and we both knew once I was there that we just had to take a chance at a relationship.

Since then we have been able to see each other quite often because of his job, though it is harder to let him go each time. After September we don't know when we will see each other again, but we do know, this is worth fighting for and even if we can't be together now, we will keep working at it and stay positive that one day we will be able to close the distance.

What a great story! Wishing you the best of luck in your relationship!

Comment

Welcome to the forums
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012