Hi from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Australia

New memeber from Australia here, so glad to have found your website. I stumbled upon it one day, and a day later my boyfriend happened to do the same thing too! Pretty co-incidental, but ever since we've used so many of the ideas of things to do when apart, and it's really helped us to get through this tough time!

Very excited to be here and meet other people who understand, and hopefully can share some positive experiences and support to other people like myself

Our story is quite a long and windy one, but to put it in short, we met ~7 years ago online, and have never stopped talking since. There were a lot of up and downs, fights and the rest, but in the end, we got our act together and met up in Feb of this year. It was the most incredible two weeks of my life, and since then we've known that it's been the only option for us. He then surprised me with a visit to my hometown in late June, a belated birthday present that was the most incredible gift I could have ever received! After another two weeks together, he'd met my family and seen my town, and we are as sure as ever. In early Dec I go back to him, to finally meet his family, and the rest of his friends I didn't get to in Feb, and fly him back with me, to my house. So really, only three/four months until the distance is closed, yay!

It's been a really tough road some days, but we both know that if we're not with each other, we're not doing the right thing anyway, and so an LDR was the only way to go Safe to say we're both very excited!
    Last edited by delightful; August 2, 2013, 12:03 AM.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thankyou!

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy your stay

Met online: 1/30/11
            Met in person: 5/30/12
            Second visit: 9/12/12
            Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Welcome!!!! *big hugs*

~

Comment

Welcome! Enjoy the (easy) move together.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome! Another fellow Aussie

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                    Welcome! Enjoy the (easy) move together.
                    Haha. This ^ I seriously cannot tell you how many times I wished that the UK (where my SO is from) was switched with NZ.. location and easy migration laws, yes please! . You two are very lucky to be in an international LDR between Aus and NZ
                    Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums, from a fellow Aussie
                      ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
                        Welcome! Another fellow Aussie

Haha. This ^ I seriously cannot tell you how many times I wished that the UK (where my SO is from) was switched with NZ.. location and easy migration laws, yes please! . You two are very lucky to be in an international LDR between Aus and NZ
                        We really are so damn lucky, could no agree more! Sometimes I complain about how I'm not based on the east coast... flights from Perth to NZ cost an arm and a leg, but if I lived in Melbourne, it'd be like going on a cheap holiday every month or so!
                        But beggars can't be choosers, and I'm seriously so glad he doesn't have to go through a lengthy process to get over, it's nice when some things are easy in a situation like this! :P

Comment

Working...
                        X