Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herro , from So-Cal

uhh heyo i'm a newbie to this site .-.

I guess I'll start by describing how I met my SO? ok...

We met on the third day of school freshmen year. We had the same English class, and my first words to him were "I don't like you." romantic right? Anyways, we became the best of friends in about two weeks, constant texting, calls at 3 in the morning, etc. We basically NEVER stopped talking to each other. He was the only person who made me happy, and he said the same about me(we both suffred from depression, and both self-harmed. we promised each other to never do it again, and we haven't! clean for around a year now.)
    i gave plenty of signals that i was into him but he never gave me any. Or at least I thought he didn't(I was with another boy at the time who didn't exactly treat me well. me being taken, my SO didn't want to start anything).
    He's a skater. He called me his good luck charm, and the 'only way' for him to land a difficult trick was for him to give me compliments while he picked up speed to perform the trick(he came up with this!). And he was actually amazed that it sort of worked.
    Since I had a boyfriend, my SO didn't want to admit he liked me. He was being respectful. Buuuuuuuut one day, while we were talking on the phone, he said, "if i can jump this gap(which he'd never been able to make the jump before), you have to kiss me." I said "fine! deal." and he went for it. and made it(I found out six months later that he didn't make it and that he just really wanted to kiss me). Once that kiss happened, I got the guts to end it with the jerk-a-zoid.

Around 4 months into our relationship, he told me that there was a small chance he'd be moving to Florida. We kept our hopes up that he wouldn't, but as each month went by, the certainty of him leaving increased. When it was final we planned some pretty epic things to do. we went to an amusement park, our local waterpark, and a concert, in the three days before his move. He left on June 20, 2013, and this whole LDR thing is a lot easier than some people make it out to be. so far anyways.

my boyfriend found this site when looking up fun things for LDR couples to do(we've watched two movies on netflix together now, which was an amazing idea!). I like this place so far he's not a member(not yet anyways. muahaha) but hopefully I'll persuade him.

It's going to be one year for us being together on August 27th! And we're both crazy excited.

Welcome

I hope it works out for you two youngens - have you got any plans to see each other now that your LD?
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Yeah, if my grades are good i get to visit him for new years!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! I'm a SoCal girl too

Met online: 1/30/11
            Met in person: 5/30/12
            Second visit: 9/12/12
            Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Welcome!!!

~

Comment