Hello from Texas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Texas!!

I am so glad that I found this website! I have to admit I was a little hesitant because I have never blogged before, but this place is so awesome, I had to give it a try! I think it is amazing that people can gather here and find inspiration and support while going through a long distance relationship!

Now that I am done bragging, I guess the next thing to do is talk about my SO and I..

Both my SO and I went to high school together, and looking back, I can remember having the biggest crush on him.. I never ever got enough courage to speak to him, because you see, he is two years older than me and being a insecure freshman, I thought I didn't have a chance.. Well years later, I come to find out that this all mighty upperclassmen had the same feelings.. It sure took him awhile don't you think?? Haha, but I wouldn't change a thing...

My SO has been in the army now for the past 8 months and is now currently stationed in Georgia.. It is so hard not seeing him everyday, but I am so proud and honored of what he does! He recently has told me some possibly good news.. in a year his brigade is being cut and he might get a chance to get transferred back to Texas!!!!

I know I can not get my hopes up, but I am glad to have people who can relate and give me support!

Hello and Welcome to LFAD! Any news can be good news and that sounds promising

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to the forums
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome (: It would be great if he does get transferred back *fingers back*
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Welcome to the forums Glad you have decided to join us
                ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                    X