Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Texas.(:

Now before I get started I'd like to make a very bold statement;

I've come here to find a community of fantastic people that I can look up to for advice and support.

My name is Rayne, I'm nearly 16, and I've been with an amazing guy who lives on the other side of the world for nearly 7 months. I know 7 months doesn't seem like a lot, but we've all got to start somewhere.

I am a recovered anorexic, and I had to grow up very fast due to very bad family issues. I've been mistaken for an adult on several occasions based off of maturity level.
    Everyone has their story to share, and this is mine.

In 2012 I was diagnosed with Anorexia and during this time my mom and dad were having a divorce, just like many people these days this is now considered normal. The divorce that is.
    My dad was abusive toward my mom, but I hadn't learned this until after he'd left. I grew up in the bar he owned surrounded by drunk old men all the time. I had to learn how to be very aware of my surroundings and how to uphold myself correctly. I have been homeschooled since I was born, and for the past two years of highschool I've been in an online program.

To end this story that really shouldn't be lengthened like this, my mom went through a teenager stage were she was out at parties every night, I never knew what guys house she was sleeping over at, all in all it was a very bad time. I was left alone for days at a time when I could barely take care of myself due to the mental illness that was consuming my mind and body.

I eventually started to recover with a low weight of 71 lbs.

My mom eventually realized what she was doing and recovered as well.

She now has found love again with my magnificent stepdad who treats us like royalty.

I am recovered completely and have a Youtube channel in which I try and help people with Anorexia as much as I can. I hope that I will also be a counselor for eating disordered patients when I am older.

I often get called an "Inspiration" from people emailing me seeking help and advice.

I apologize for this being so long, but I hope you've enjoyed my story. I will post another thread in the LDR Stories section about me and my lovely boyfriend Marius.(:

Welcome to LFAD! I am so sorry that you've had to go through so much already in your young life but I'm glad you've come through it being stronger and helping others. My boyfriend is also from around Houston
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Welcome!

Amazing that you try to help other people!

Comment

Welcome to the community!

~

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Rayne!

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! i'm intrigued about this youtube channel - its a lovely idea to help others
                Met Online: February 2009
                Feelings grew: January 2011
                First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to the community I'm new too!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! I was homeschooled throughout school (including high school) as well.
                      Plus my SO lives in Texas, near Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                      X