Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Boston Mass

Hi all,
    Glad to find this group. I recently went to Kenya on safari and yep, I met an amazing man. He was my safari guide. Instant mutual attraction! 10 solid days together but it took a bit to get going since he was an employee and I wasnt sure if that line should be crossed. One night I found flowers in my room. All was right with the world! I'm home now and we have talked every day since. I can't decide if this is unrealistic of me to think we can make this work. I know I can visit him but he will have a tough time getting a visa to the US. Any thoughts would be great to hear. After just 10 days knowing each other is it crazy for me to think we can make it work with such a distance?

Thanks!

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

I don*t think it*s crazy for you to think and hope you two can make it work. That*s the thing with LDRs - they need commitement, hope, confidence and sincerity from the both parts involved. If you two are committed to make this work, then you will be having an LDR. LDRs are hard to take menthally (so many fears, negative thoughts, what ifs ....), believe me (I am in one for 3,5 months and we never met, but will meet in September), but I think that everything beautiful in life comes with effort, work. Believe me love is worth it!

Comment

Hi and welcome! And no I don't think it's crazy - you don't know if it'll work until you try! And if you believe there was enough "something" between you two to make it worth trying, then go for it. Sometimes you just have to take the chance, at least in my opinion and experience.

Comment

Welcome! You are actually doing the simplest of LDR act--- constant communication. Just do what works for both of you, like talking everyday. Never get tired of keeping in touch with each other. And of course, always keep the love alive in your hearts. Goodluck Jsongbrd!

Comment

Welcome!!!

~

Comment

I think we're all a bit crazy! ... Nothing wrong with that though! Pursue what makes you happy!
              Welcome to the forums

Comment

Hi there! What a lovely story

I'm struggling with the US visa as well, luckily my parents can afford to have me study there for now to be with my SO but after that...marriage is the only way (:

Comment

Hi and welcome! Even though I've only been in ldr for a short amount of time and we are both in the same country, if both of you are willing to do what it takes to make it work, why not give it a try??? Go for it :-)

Comment

Welcome
                    Met Online: February 2009
                    Feelings grew: January 2011
                    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                    Engaged: 1st of July 2012