Hi There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi There

Hello, everyone. I'm Kayla and I'm from a small town in Wisconsin in the United States. I'm joining this forum at what is an extremely tough time for me. You see, on August 4th of this month, I was able to marry the man of my dreams whom I'd been dating for quite a while in Canada. Let's just say... US border patrol wasn't too happy about him crossing at this time, and we've both had to take separate planes away from our second-to-last airport and go "home" to live with our respective parents.

Yes. This is the story that worked out in the end, but then kind of got shot down as soon as the happy ending was just within reach. Of course, things will work out eventually, but as it is right now, there's one small possibility I can get my husband here for a week... and then I won't see him again for a year or a year and a half unless I miraculously get the funds to travel back and forth to Canada during my holidays from school...

I apologize for the sad introduction, but I came here because I don't know what else to do. I joined this for support. I'm looking to make friends who are going through something similar, so we can help each other through these difficult times.

----

If you want to ignore the sad story... I'm an English major in university, and I work part-time in the kitchen at the local nursing home. My main interests include video games (Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, and other RPGs are my favorites!), drawing, listening to music, and anime/manga. I... guess that's about it for now. Thanks for reading. I hope we can be friends.

Hey Kayla, welcome to the forums!
    I'm ever so sorry to hear what happened between you and your husband! I can't imagine how difficult it must be for the both of you.
    But also, I must apologise because I know very little about these sorts of situations, so all I can offer is someone to listen. I'm sure there are many others on the site who could give you amazing advise.
    PM me if you'd like!

Comment

Hello Chlo, and thank you. *huggles*

It's okay. I didn't really expect anyone to know what to do. We think that things are going to be sorted out (talking to a lawyer), but in the meantime he is trying to come visit me next week. ^_^

Comment

Hi and welcome. That's one tough start to your life as a married couple, I do feel for you both. Hopefully this forum will indeed make the days ahead of you a little easier to get through. And yay, a Final Fantasy fan! :P

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDoubt View Post
          Hello Chlo, and thank you. *huggles*

It's okay. I didn't really expect anyone to know what to do. We think that things are going to be sorted out (talking to a lawyer), but in the meantime he is trying to come visit me next week. ^_^
          Well I'm glad to hear you're both planning a visit, it's a positive thing. I hope your lawyer can sort all of this out for you!

Comment

Hello and welcome, Sorry for your hard time, You will fix it easy, and Glad to know that you are planning more visits :3

Comment

That sounds awful, I am so sorry to hear that!! I hope you'll be reunited soon!

On a different note, I'm an anime/games fan as well

Comment

Welcome to the community!!!

~

Comment

Welcome
                  Met Online: February 2009
                  Feelings grew: January 2011
                  First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                  Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                  Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                  Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                  Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                  Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                  Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                  Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                  Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                  Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                  Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                  Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                  Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                  Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the welcome! If things do work out, I'll still be back around here. Since our relationship started long distance, I'm going to try to stay active and help around the community. ^_^

Originally posted by USofSam View Post
                        That sounds awful, I am so sorry to hear that!! I hope you'll be reunited soon!

On a different note, I'm an anime/games fan as well
                        Aha, awesome~ We'll have to chat. X3

Comment

Kayla, you've made it this far, your relationship has survived this distance for this long already, and what's more, you're married! You've pledged your love for each other forever and forever is a very long time ... you still have a whole future together so look forward to that! Every relationship and marriage will have its ups and downs, but the most important thing to remember is it will get better. Don't give up and just think of how good it will be when everything's finally sorted and you're together once again. ^_^ When you love someone that much, it's worth waiting that year in return for the rest of your life together. *big big huggles for you* x

Comment

That's very true, and from the way everyone here is talking, it might be even sooner than we think. <3

Comment

Hello and welcome! I hope and pray that you and your loved one can be reunited again

Comment

Working...
                              X