Hello from north and west of Boston!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from north and west of Boston!

Hey all .. hoping this, "place" is just the thing I've been looking for .. and hopefully I can contribute and add some value to it as well.

Close to 4 years ago, I met someone online and we became friends. In late August, 2010 I asked her out and on September 12, we had our first date together. It's coming up on 3 years and, looking to do something really special. She's from Bucuresti, Romania .. a considerable distance but, I never let things like that stand in the way. For 8 months I worked really hard, sometimes 17 hours/day to save up to go see her and on February 12, 2012, our eyes met for the first time, on Soseaua Dudesti-Pantelimon in the city of Bucuresti. If I live to be 150, I will never forget what I felt in that moment. After seeing each other on skype for years .. I wondered what she would be like in person, if maybe the webcam, "enhances" things at all. But when I first caught sight of her .. when I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine .. I found her to be even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Anyway .. all hasn't exactly been perfect between us but, we're still together .. and that means something. I want to go back again but before that can happen .. some things need to change and that's why I'm here. So I'll see you all around!

~ John
    Last edited by Methos; August 24, 2013, 03:06 AM.

Welcome to the forum Methos! I am happy for you two! I wish you all the best!!! By the way, I am also from Romania
    LDRs are hard, but I guess real love takes time, effort and faith. I never met my SO yet, but in less than 3 weeks we will and I am feeling happy/ anxious/ fearful/ excited ... it*s a mixture of feelings that I have never experienced.
    Last edited by alizee; August 24, 2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Buna ziua Alizee! Ce mai faci? Nu vorbesc bine in Romana dar .. incerc.

That's so awesome .. you have a 3 week countdown! When I read about your mix of emotions, it brought everything back to me from when I was counting down until we met. In fact .. mind if I share a little something with you? I tried to capture my feelings in a video that I put together .. I'll link it in a PM. Anyway, it's like, I just couldn't believe we were finally going to meet! Couldn't believe after all this time being just a face on the computer screen, we were going to look into each other eyes .. for real!

I'm really happy for you .. it's gonna be an incredible experience! Just a little piece of advice, if I may. Stay in the moment! It's too easy to be overwhelmed with everything and get distracted. Just relax and be in every moment together and you'll have a great time. Are you going to see him or he's coming to you?

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Methos View Post
              Buna ziua Alizee! Ce mai faci? Nu vorbesc bine in Romana dar .. incerc.

That's so awesome .. you have a 3 week countdown! When I read about your mix of emotions, it brought everything back to me from when I was counting down until we met. In fact .. mind if I share a little something with you? I tried to capture my feelings in a video that I put together .. I'll link it in a PM. Anyway, it's like, I just couldn't believe we were finally going to meet! Couldn't believe after all this time being just a face on the computer screen, we were going to look into each other eyes .. for real!

I'm really happy for you .. it's gonna be an incredible experience! Just a little piece of advice, if I may. Stay in the moment! It's too easy to be overwhelmed with everything and get distracted. Just relax and be in every moment together and you'll have a great time. Are you going to see him or he's coming to you?
              Thank you for all your advice and all your positive thoughts!!!! Well, we have the same hometown (which I currently live in) and he will be coming home (to his family) in three weeks, as I said. We could have met sooner, because he invited me 2 times to pay him a visit, but I just didn*t feel prepared (first invitation was made after only 3 weeks of relationship and the second after 2 months) emotionally, and I didn*t want him to think that I would jump and see him so ...like an easy woman. You understand, don*t you? He was fine with that and told me he understood perfectly my point of view and told me that I would come when I was prepared.
              Ok, so I will watch the video and tell you my view about it in a PM

Comment

Welcome!!!

~

Comment

Working...
                X