Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum :)

Hello,

My name is Mari and I'm almost 21 years old. I live in Helsinki, Finland and my SO lives in Wien, Austria. I came to this forum to get some support in case I need it (I'm preparing to this fall when I'll be super stressed) and to share my thoughs and excitement. Somehow my co-workers are slowly getting bored of me just talking about my honey.

Right now everything goes really well. We met around last March (don't remember the exact date) abroad when we were both doing our exchange studies in the same university. We had about 3 amazing months there and we traveled also (to Paris for example <3). But he didn't think it would work out after we return to our homes so we kind of decided to stop it in the end of May. The distance wasn't the only thing he worried. He is also a little over 8 years older than me and worried about the age difference. Anyways, we fell in love and I said it to him but he just thought it would be too much trouble to start being serious.

Well.. When we went home we started to talk on Skype... every single day. I'm also a member on this student organization which has a conference in his home country in the fall (by chance) so I told him I've planned to go there and asked if we could see then. And somehow we talked and he got the idea to visit me here first. And so he bought tickets and came here in the end of July for two weeks! It was amazing and finally I heard the magical words "I love you". Now we're officially together!

Also he met my parents who really seem to like him. My dad even enrolled to a German course! I guess they won't like him so much when I (hopefully) eventually move to Austria. Now somehow everyone seems to think he's going to move here.

So as I said the fall will be stressful. We've planned that I will finish my bachelor's degree here (which still takes a little over a year and I'm a bit behind in my studies) and then I'll apply to do my master's to his uni. So I need to focus on my studies. I'm also the president of this one student organization until April 2011 and our situation sucks after the last president. So that's going to take my time. And then this LDR will be a lot of work.

Hah, my first message became super long. I hope you read at least half of it.

Hello Maielle,

Welcome! Cute story! I've always wanted to visit Finland, I'm in the US and my bf is in the UK.
    I have to stay away to finish my last year in university as well.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, because I think we are in a very similar situation. Especially when it comes to eventually having to move to a different country

Comment

Welcome, I agree it was a cute story.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Awww, That's so cute!
          Welcome! <3

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
            "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
            "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
            "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

♥Now on we go♥
              ♥To where no one knows♥
              ♥But I know, that I love you even more♥
              ♥Tears we cry♥
              ♥Asking myself why♥
              ♥Did I let the only one that I love go♥
              ♥You were meant for me♥
              ♥Darling can't you see♥
              ♥This is your song♥
              Your song (For you) By Glenn Lewis

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol
              (I know it's cheesy, just bare with the siggy XP)

Comment

Love your story...welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the family m dear ^_^ What an awesome start to a glorious life.

Comment

Welcome to Loving from a Distance, Mari! I'm glad that you could join us here

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!
                        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice to meet you. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Mari

I'm also from Finland and my SO lives in Wales, UK. My dad doesn't speak any English but he once thought about signing up for a course so he could talk to his future son-in-law but he hasn't done it yet and I doubt he'll have the balls to do so anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X