Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From New York

Hello out there,

I'm happy came along this forum and found people in similar situations. I met an amazing girl last year here in New York. She was visiting from London and we hung out for 2 months before she had to go back to London. I never made a move in New York as I thought she only viewed me as a friend. We kept in each for a few months then eventually started skyping each other as well. I was planning to go Europe for 2 1/2 weeks this past summer. Leading up to that, we made plans to see each other for 5 days in Spain as she was only able to get 1 week off from work. While there, we made it clear that we like each other but not an exact couple because of the circumstances of us living so apart. Our relationship got a whole new level while in Spain.

With one week left in my vacation, she had to go back to London for work while I was finishing my vacation. I really started to miss her and had to see her again since I was so close. She couldn't take off work but she managed to reduce her hours and I stayed with her London for the last 5 days before going back home. We still Skype once a week and are trying to make plans to see each other again. It's a little hard with our schedules but I am trying to have hope. We are not an established couple but I am crazy about the girl and there has to be something if she is making the time to keep in touch with me as well. I am really not interested in other girls as she has all these amazing qualities I adore.

Checking out stories here brings some positive energy and if anyone is in the same situation, please share too.

Welcome to LFAD!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

What a cute story! Welcome!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story. I think you'll find many here who have similar stories Also there's a lot of US/UK relationships as well, if you ever need any advice on that.
          Welcome!

Comment

What a nice story. Welcome !

Comment

Welcome! I'm from New York as well, downstate, near the City. What about you?
              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes and compliments. I'm not looking for much advice as the only thing that's so brutal is waiting to see her again.

I am just hoping to get hear success stories. Great to see that many couples are working out great here.

To Rugger- I live in Midtown Manhattan, right in the city.

Thanks again for the welcome
                Last edited by HopelessR; October 21, 2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Welcome! I am from Upstate NY....LOVE Manhattan! You will find many people to converse with that DO understand!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome

I had the pleasure of visiting NYC in April this year, I absolutely loved the city. I'm from 'old' York in the UK a very different city!

Comment

Originally posted by HopelessR View Post
                        Thanks for all the welcomes and compliments. I'm not looking for much advice as the only thing that's so brutal is waiting to see her again.

I am just hoping to get hear success stories. Great to see that many couples are working out great here.

To Rugger- I live in Midtown Manhattan, right in the city.

Thanks again for the welcome
                        I work downtown right next to City Hall!
                        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Working...
                          X