Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konichiwa!

Hello to all LFAD members!

I decided after spending a good three hours perusing the website, reading all the ideas, advice, and stories on here to join up!

My name is Caitlin. My long-distance-love, David, and I have only officially been in a relationship for almost a month. We've known each other about a year now, and have become good friends this past summer. He is currently in Tokyo, Japan (hence the Japanese greeting for 'Good day!') for a year-long mission trip while I'm at home in Missouri. We fully confessed our (somewhat) hidden feelings for each other on the night before he left, and as of that moment became a couple. I've never been in a relationship that was farther than a bordering state, and have never been more in love with anyone in my life. I'm almost 19 years old, he turned 23 just before he left. After his leaving, I realized the extent of the difficulty involved, and knew I needed to have some support if I was going to make it through the coming months. I look forward to any/all advice given and what I'll learn from those who understand!

Deep affections,
    Caitlin

Konnichiwa! Youkoso to LFAD! (sorry I know rudimentary Japanese, I'm a nerd XD)

You'll find tons of support here as we have a lot of international couples who know the ropes of how to deal with time differences, jobs, etc. You said he's on a mission trip, is he there for Church?

Comment

Domo arigato! (I'm attempting to learn some Japanese... it's not going so well thus far!)

Yes. He went with TEAM Mission, but his specific job will not really be associated with church work. He'll soon be teaching English to Japanese of nearly all ages.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome!
          You'll find LOTS of support and advice here, don't worry. Everyone here is super cool and nice =]

Comment

Welcome. Nice to have you here.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Caitlin

This place is as supportive as it gets, everyone here knows what you're going through and you can always talk to us no matter how small or big your worries are.
              If you need anything just ask

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

こんにちは (Konnichiwa)
                        初めまして (Hajimemashite) - Nice to meet you.
                        LRDの事が頑張りましょうね (LRD no koto ga ganbarimashou ne) - Let's do our best, when it comes to LDR.

Haha... sorry, couldn't help it. I'm using Japanese everyday. (I'm dating a Japanese guy - who knows no English)

We all understand what you're going through. You have come to the right place.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Caitlin! Glad to have you here

Comment

welcome on here! watashi wa josipa ^__^ (i think thats "I am Josipa" but im not sure xD haha)
                            anyway you're just at the right place for support!

Comment

Working...
                            X