Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy in town

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here. To be honest, I primarily signed up because I just found out my LDR slept with someone else the other night and was looking to see if there were any posts of other people that had gone through this.

But that's not what this forum is about. It's about introductions. My name is Matt and my LDR and I have been together for a few months after we hit it off at a friends destination wedding. We spent much of the weekend together and enjoyed each other's company like we hadn't enjoyed another person in a long time.

Since then we've really gotten to know each other and have fallen more in love with what the other person is about. We spend every day waking up to each other's texts, and every night either Skyping or talking. We try and make it a point to really feel like we're with each other, even though we're hundreds of miles apart.

Although I came here with one purpose in mind, I've seen many threads and enjoy this community. Being in an LDR for me hasn't been scary and has been really great, up until now. I look forward to being a part of this community and hope that I'll be able to contribute in some useful way to it.

Regards,
    Matt

Hey! Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! Cool username, by the way.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

So, you've decided to work things out with your significant other?

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
        Welcome to LFAD

Oh no, I just read the OP over again :/ Please let us know how things go.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! I hope everything works out for you and your SO (significant other).
          sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
            Well, the ball is in my court. Not exactly sure what to do. She had been drinking and people do stupid things after drinking a bit. The other guy had been drinking too, and knew she had a SO. When I met her I was technically in a relationship, although I knew before meeting her that after that weekend our relationship was over. Still doesn't make me any better. I don't think she's really the type to cheat, and I could tell she feels a great deal of remorse. I asked her what she would do if in my position and she said she'd break things off. Luckily for her, she's not in my position. Considering all these things, and the fact that up until now I've felt like this was the perfect girl for me, I think I'm leaning more towards working things out.

Sorry to go on about this In my introduction! Thanks for reading!

~Matt

Comment

Welcome Hope things work out.

Comment

Welcome.
                I also hope things work out.

Comment

Thanks!!

I'm giving her one more chance. I think things are going to be just fine. :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X