Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!

Hey Everyone!
    My name is Jaime and I am in an LDR with a Canadian and have been for a little over 2 years.
    I stumbled upon this site looking for some advice and support from any others especially couples that are doing the US/Canada thing and how you closed the gap or anything I should be made aware of I'm looking forward to looking around and getting to know the site better but are there any places I should look at first?

Thanks!!

Welcome to LFAD, Jaime
    I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

Comment

Hey there,

Welcome to LFAD! You'll love it here and you will receive some great advice

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. I'm in a Canada/USA LDR. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

Welcome, my SO isn't far from you, in fact his Mom works in Richmond, VA. He's Smithfield but works in Williamsburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
            Welcome to LFAD. I'm in a Canada/USA LDR. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
            Thank you so much! I may just take you up on that offer. Also congrats on the marriage May I ask how long you guys were dating before married?

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
              Welcome, my SO isn't far from you, in fact his Mom works in Richmond, VA. He's Smithfield but works in Williamsburg.
              I know that area well... certainly not too far from the beach!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!! I hope you enjoy your time here!
                sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! You'll enjoy it here, we're very friendly

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!
                      I hope you'll find all the advice you seek here I do think we have quite a few Canada/US relationships here.

Comment

Hi Jaime. I'm also in a US/Canadian relationship. We are also interracial (I am black; he is white) and I drive past Richmond several times a year on my way to Charlottesville.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

WELCOME TO LFAD!
                            I'm also in a Candian/USA LDR! We've been together for almost 3 years now.
                            We're also interracial and come from very different cultures and religions, so feel free to ask me if you have any questions, hehe.
                            You'll love it here!!
                            [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                            became official: 28.03.11
                            first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                            second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                            our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                            third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                            fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                            surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                            viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                            jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                            my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

welcome in this Community... share your experiences..

Comment

Working...
                              X