Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm not comfortable using my real name here yet, but you can call me Flicker. I just joined a few minutes ago. I found this website a few days ago and it's been a great help, so I decided to join the forum.

My boyfriend, who I'll call Jay, and I have been "officially" dating for around a month. We're both teens - he's younger than I am - and neither of us have been in a serious relationship before. We've been friends for around 4 1/2 months. We met on an online multiplayer game. After being friends for several months, we realized that we both had feelings for each other. We decided to try being in a relationship. Since then, we've both fallen in love. We talk every day, and frequently call each other or do video chats. He's a really great guy, and I just love almost everything about him. I know he feels the same about me.

Of course, it's a long distance relationship (why else would I be here?). Since we're both teens, and considering the age difference, it will likely be a long time before we can meet in real life. I wanted to join this website because I feel like I need some support and some inspiration. As happy as I am, I feel like I'm committing to a long journey that I haven't been prepared for with this relationship. It seems like everywhere I look, people are saying that it's puppy love, or it will never work out, or that it's not worth it. I just want to talk to some people who are going through the same thing.

So, that's my introduction post. Nice to meet you all.

---------------(♥)---------------

Hey Flicker! Nice to meet you, my name's Lori. Welcome to the forums

I'm in the same party as you: I'm in my teens too, and my SO and I have yet to meet.

I'm glad you joined: we're here to support you! ^_^

-Lori

Comment

Originally posted by Flicker View Post
      As happy as I am, I feel like I'm committing to a long journey ...
      Hi Flicker, welcome to LFAD LDR is a long journey and it takes lot of patience and willingness and it really is commitment, but it also brings lots of excitement and you and your SO never get ordinary for each other, cause you just treasure any moment spent together And hey, it IS relationship, so do not care about other people´s opinions

Comment

Thanks guys.

you and your SO never get ordinary for each other, cause you just treasure any moment spent together And hey, it IS relationship, so do not care about other people´s opinions
        This is so true. We love spending time with each other. When we get on webcam, we both just smile because we're happy to see each other's faces. It probably helps that we're both a bit socially awkward, so we actually enjoy the non-physical aspect of our relationship. I try to ignore others' opinions, but it's still hard - it's just such an uncertain time for me, since I've never really done anything like this before, and some of my friends have been less than encouraging. But I'm still happy, and confident about it.

---------------(♥)---------------

Comment

Hi welcome!
          and welcome to the LDR journey I guess ^^

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hi Flicker,

Welcome to LFAD!
              Your post really stood out to me because it reminds me of myself when I was 16.
              I also met my now SO on an online game. I was 10 at that time, haha. ><" He was 13.
              As young as I was, we decided to continue talking through the years. I really fell for him when I was about 16, but because I was still young, I knew it'd be a long time before anything would come of it. I hid it from my family for years. Now, 4 years later at 20 years old, I feel like my relationship has really taken a turn for the better.
              We've met multiple times and our relationship has grown so much stronger because of it.
              I think one of the most important things at such a young age is to not lose hope. You may be young now and others may see it as "puppy love" or naivety, but if you're patient and believe in the future.. it'll happen one day!
              [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
              became official: 28.03.11
              first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
              second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
              our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
              third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
              fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
              surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
              viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
              jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
              my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Welcome
                ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Working...
                  X