Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi :)

Hello!

I am 19 years old student in Estonia studying computer science. Last year (since now it is 2014 ) I met him on my friend's birthday party (he was an exchange student) and we started dating pretty soon even though I knew already then that he was going to leave after a month. So we took the most of it and enjoyed every minute we had. Day before he left, we had been dating for a month. And now it has been two weeks we have been apart and it feels like 2 months.

Things are going very well right now. I do miss him sometimes very much, but we Skype as much as we can and I am focusing on my school more and tomorrow ill go back to badminton practice.

Why I registered here? I guess I just need some comfort and someone telling me that everything is going to be okay and just some tips.

EVerything is going to be OK. Communication is key. You already Skype with him, to stay in touch and that's very good. And you stay busy with your studies and badminton, so you don't mope about him not being there. I say you're off to a good start!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. A great article to help with ideas for staying connected is: https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...uplestodo.html. This has helped me to no end. Anything that keeps you two feeling connected is good. It will be okay, as long as you try to make it work. Good luck.

Comment

Tere tulemast!

Comment

to the forum! LDRs are challenging but totally worth it! Keeping busy and communicating regularly and honestly are the best ways to keep things strong Feel free to post, reply, or just read over what other's have to say. This is a great place for support.
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
              I'm sure you'll find the support you need here.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Samantha

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! That's exactly how I met my bf!

Comment

Hi, welcome to LFAD forums As far as you stay positive and keep your attitude (enjoying every minute, staying in touch, focusing on other stuff), you should be just fine Yes, it gets hard once a while, but if you work on your relationship, you can get over all obstacles. Btw., I met my SO on my b-day party, while being an exchange student Your story felt quite familiar to me in bits Good luck

Comment

Hi Samantha...welcome to LFAD.
                      Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                      X