Never thought I would be here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought I would be here!

I imagine most of us never thought we would be here. I never had an opinion of long distance relationships because I didn't know anyone who had been in one. If you would have told me that I would find myself in one, I would have called you crazy. And yet, here I am, completely in love with someone who's over 4,000 miles away and I haven't even met in person.

I met the man who now holds my heart on Omegle. Surely that alone makes it a miracle, because the site seemed to be over ran by teenagers and perverts. I wasn't looking for anything, to be honest I figured we wouldn't have much in common, with him being in England and myself in the United States (Florida). We exchanged information and starting texting, I figured after a few days we would just go our separate ways. But we continued to text and email, which was our only form of communication for the first couple of months.

The person who was nothing more than a stranger, slowly evolved into a friend. We learned so much about each other, I got to know this person in a way I didn't think would be possible. Eventually I realized I liked him, but thought I was crazy for even thinking anything could come from this because of the distance. Many times I found myself wanting to give up, not because I wanted to - but because, I was afraid. As my feelings continued to grow, I realized I loved him. Cue me spending a few long and emotional weeks trying to figure out how to tell him. I don't take those words lightly, and I cared about him enough to know the last thing I wanted to do is accidentally play with his emotions. When I finally got the courage to tell him, I was delighted to find out he had felt the same way.

It's been six month of constant communication, text messages, emails and skype calls/chats. I truly love him, on a level that I didn't even know was humanly possible. Nothing about this has been easy. At times the waiting, the distance, has been downright painful. So I'm happy that I found a place with others going through the same amazing, crazy, struggle.

Welcome to the forums! I was the same, I never thought I would be in this situation, but I am now! I met my SO on a site called BlogTV completely by accident. I wasn't looking for love or anything, but that's what I found! We talked on Skype and text and phone for three years before meeting, and now we're set to be married this October!

Keep at it, the beauty of meeting someone this way is that you really get to fall in love with that person for who they are.

Don't let anyone discourage you or tell you that you can't love someone that you've never met.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

to LFAD! I'm also in Florida!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome

You have a very similar story to me. Our relationship also started online and through emails and messages first, we met for the first time 6-months after meeting and a couple more visits later we're still going strong.

Have you any plans to meet up soon?

Comment

Welcome. I felt the same way when I found this site.
            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Yes, we plan on meeting. He's coming to Florida, but it's a matter of saving up to make the trip. The difficult part is, we have not settled on a date, or even a month. :\

Comment

Welcome!

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site!
                  I also never thought I would be in a long distance relationship but now, just about 4 years in, I would do it all over again!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

to the forum! I'm sure none of us ever imagined we would be in long distance relationships but here we are! I wish the two of you the best of luck!
                    Our love story:
                    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                    Reconnected: August 2012
                    Began dating LD: November 2012
                    Engaged! March 2014
                    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment