yay!! I've found people who can relate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay!! I've found people who can relate.

I'm so excited that I came across this website with TONS of people going through similar struggles. I'm looking forward to reading through everyone's advice, experiences, and suggestions. Some days the distance is tougher to accept than on other days, but I try to stay positive. Not only is the distance a challenge but his demanding work schedule is quite the bear on our relationship as well. I'm curious to see if anyone has tips or advice to offer on dating someone currently in their surgical residency program.

Becasue our phone conversations last maybe 2-5 minutes once every other day (if I'm lucky) I have come to rely heavily on text messages whether it's random "hello", selfie or pic of my dog, or stupid moment of my day I try to include him or at least make him feel acknowledged and missed every few days or so.

Lately I feel a little forgotten or not missed by him

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!
      This place has helped me a lot and I'm sure it will you too!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

to LFAD

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

On the feeling forgotten or not missed: we all feel that from time to time. It's harder to know what's going on LD. The best thing to do is assume the best unless you have facts to tell you otherwise. It's awesome your SO is in a residency, but I know those hours are horrible. It will pass, though. Hang in there. I think it's great you are trying to send messages every so often, as that will keep the two of you connected. Just understand you don't hear back due to the work hours and don't let negative thoughts creep in your mind. Focus on the positive.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I'm jealous you're in San Antonio! That's where my SO and I are from and where he lives! I hope you'll like it here!
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Welcome! I felt the same way when I found this forum. It's been wonderful!
                  sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Welcomeee

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Welcome, and hope you will like it here. As you can see, we are quite an eclectic bunch here, all different backgrounds, and ages. Yet, we all have something in common, a deep love for someone we can't be with very often, because of distance, and other complications such as time zones and time crunch. I certainly understand what you are going through with time. My SO has a very demanding job, along with other obligations, and we have 17 hours difference between us, which often causes problems. We chat on Facebook every few days, sometimes a few times a day, and Skype occasionally. Today has been nice, because we have been able to Skype three times. He said we will have a video call later, too. It's been nice because we haven't had Skype since before Christmas. It does get lonely, but staying busy helps.

You've come to the right place, and we are all willing to support each other in this LDR experience we are all going through. Be sure to check out all the helpful and fun ideas and articles, and e-books available on this site. It has really helped me.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Welcome to LFAD forums

Comment

Working...
                          X