Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hey! I'm Kate and I've recently begun a long distance relationship. I live in Philly and my girlfriend is in Argentina. We met on Tumblr about a year ago, became friends, became close friends, became close friends who were ridiculously flirty with one another, and then a month ago she asked me to be her girlfriend. I'd never previously considered a LDR so all this is pretty new to me, but honestly I think we have something special and distance can be overcome. I joined the site to get ideas of things to do and also to have a place where people get it- most of my friends IRL don't really understand.

Welcome to the forum.

You are right - most people don't understand an LDR. This forum is a great place for support, though.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hello Kate, welcome to LFAD forums People don´t understand, which won´t stop them from making hurtful comments, but don´t let them ruin your happiness, it´s not worth it. Good luck

Comment

Welcome to the forum
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

to LFAD, Kate!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kate! I'm sure you'll discover that this forum is a great place to receive support with your LDR. Many people do not understand since they've never experienced one before.
                  Our love story:
                  Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                  Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                  Reconnected: August 2012
                  Began dating LD: November 2012
                  Engaged! March 2014
                  Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Welcome to the forum and I see your SO is from Mendoza, Argentina such a beautiful place

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                    X