Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello! Finally introducing my relationship!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Finally introducing my relationship!

Hello everyone!
    I joined this forum in January and decided to introduce myself (I know, there is delay, and I am sorry!)

I am from Europe, my boyfriend is from the USA and we are 5 000 miles apart. We met at the end of August 2012 when playing an online game. I was in a difficult relationship at the time and he was the only bright thing in my life. We got really close and developped feelings for each other. I ended my previous relationship and started to date this guy in December. However, due to my previous relationship, distance, trust issues and personal problems, we broke up in February.

After that, we had times when we didnt talk to each other at all, times we started talking again, and stopped after a while. He several times broke contact off with me, and the last time he did, I sent him a really bad message and thought I would never talk to him again after that. After almost two months of no contact, he sent me a friend request on fb. I swear I was so shocked that I stared at the request for almost 30 minutes I confirmed it and am glad I did. We cleared up plenty of issues we had and the break helped us to realize many things.

We decided to try dating again in July, and here we are... It's February and we are still together!
    We haven't met in person yet, and I won't lie, sometimes it really bothers me. There is still the "trust issue" from his side, too (bad experience in past relationships), so sometimes he gives me a hard time, but because I remember the feeling I had when I lost him for the first time, I decided I will fight as much as I can to make it work and just be patient. I must admit this forum helps me a lot and I am sorry I didn't find it sooner I just started my last semester at university and hope that after my graduation, things will become easier and we will finally meet and perhaps spend more time together to get to know each other better.

Thank you for reading my story, and apologize for grammar mistakes.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Welcome! Hope all works out for you two.

Comment

I've noticed a few of your posts here, and I'm glad you've joined us. Please don't let past issues hurt what you share with your current SO. He is not the guy that hurt you, and he deserves your trust until proven differently. Trust is not easy in an LDR; it is an active choice. You constantly have to remind yourself that you will trust.

Hope you can meet in person soon, though; that always helps.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

to LFAD!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Hi Piratemama!

I may have confused you a little bit, so I am sorry I do trust him 100 %, he is the one who has the issue and sometimes gets too suspicious. I am trying to gain his trust every day though I like your words, and I will totally repeat it to him when a problem comes across

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

to the forum!
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015