Hei!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hei!

I'm usually a lurker, but as I found this site right after coming back from the first meeting with my SO and I was struggling, this forum has helped me a lot over the last months. So i guess it's time for an introduction. I live in a small country in EU and he lives in Turkey, we have around 3000 km distance. We talk in English, which is neither of our native language, but we can speak it well enough. I'm over time learning a few Turkish words here and there.

Our story: My SO and I met a bit over a year ago through a roleplay community related to a game we both love to play (our characters became lovers). It was my first time doing any kind of roleplay and I started talking to him quite a lot to ask question about it. After a few days of roleplaying till early hours, we added each other on the game and started playing together with him and his friends. Over time we became close friends, we said "I love you" (as friends) to each other after 2 months of knowing each other. Soon after we called each other best friends. We had the ups and downs in our friendship, but at the end of August, we started to realize that it's more than just a friendship. It was long time coming and neither of us wanted to ask the question, fearing that it will damage our friendship. But on day, during a joking text chat, we somehow got there and found out that we both feel the same for each other. I couldn't have been happier (that was the beginning of September). A month and a half later, I flew to him and spent an amazing week in Turkey. I've never felt happier and more natural and at peace with anyone.

As we are both in the process of find a job/our place in the career world, we don't have that much money or time to meet often right now, but we do the best that we can. I last saw him 4 months ago and i won't see him at least in the next few months. But we do videocalls every day and latest amazing find was the Couple app, I completely love it! Trying out what i can to make it easier to cope! I'm glad to be a part of this community!

Hei ethelynn, nice to hear your introduction. With that greeting I will take a wild guess about where you live! . My boyfriend lives in Turkey, too. He is from the countryside close to Syria, but he usually live on the Antalya coast, which was where I met him on holiday. Turkey is so the best holiday country, it is great even in winter

I am glad you can reccomend the Couple app; it looks really good and I am trying to get my boyfriend to try it out
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Hei ethelynn, nice to hear your introduction. With that greeting I will take a wild guess about where you live! . My boyfriend lives in Turkey, too. He is from the countryside close to Syria, but he usually live on the Antalya coast, which was where I met him on holiday. Turkey is so the best holiday country, it is great even in winter

I am glad you can reccomend the Couple app; it looks really good and I am trying to get my boyfriend to try it out
      Mine lives near the Marmara Sea. It was my first time being in Turkey, completely different from where I live, but I like it. If it comes down to it, it's probably going to be me moving there. Has your SO already been to the military? Mine hasn't and I'm kind of fearing the moment he has to go, because of the chance of having to going to the active warzones.

I just love how simple the Couple app makes sharing pictures and keeping them all in one place, same with managing a schedule, lists, drawing. Just all that I need in one kind of app!

Comment

I will probably not move to Turkey in the end (especially since he has friends here too), but who knows. I try to think in terms of this year. Anyway I love to be there. and soon I will see his home town, so I am really exited about that; even though most his family do not speak English, I still feel welcomed.

My SO has yet to go to military, I hope for 6 monhts only. Appearently he goes for shorter if he finishes his education, which hopefully happens in January next year. Anyway I don't think they can draft him as long as he is taking/passing exams. I did not really think of the war zones. As I see it, it is really a civil war in Syria, but of course all that could change.

I really must check out Couple
        Last edited by differentcountries; February 24, 2014, 04:36 PM.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

to the forum!
              Our love story:
              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
              Reconnected: August 2012
              Began dating LD: November 2012
              Engaged! March 2014
              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome! Glad you recommend that app- been trying to convince my SO to download it as well to give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X