Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I found you guys after more than two years of LDR

Hello community of brave LD lovers.
    I actually just found you a couple of days ago as I was searching for online resources on LDR.
    I have been together with my bf for 2 years and 1 month now and it's getting really tough, so I have come here to see if I will find some help and perspectives from people in similar circumstances. But this introduction shall not be about problems.

Cause really our story is very cool albeit weird. But I guess weird gets redefined in a forum like this where lovers meet each other in the least expected ways.

My now bf and I met during a "social service year" I did after graduating from high school in 2005/2006. We were on a team of 70+ international people in his home country South Africa. Only during my last few days did we get to talk a bit more and had a really good time with each other but thought nothing of it since we were to seperate and expected to never meet again.

Until we started talking again in October 2011 cause he was asking his facebook friends from Germany if anyone of them would teach him the German language. I volunteered and after two months of teaching and talking a lot about other things I found myself falling in love with him by the day. Since revealing this to him (and him spending a long time to thinki about it) we have become a couple and grown closer and closer.

But it's becoming increasingly difficult to deal with the time restraints, the distance, the money issues (whether for inertentcosts on his side so we can talk or for airfare, visa etc) and communicating mainly via chat (whatsapp). Misunderstandings keep accumulating and I just want to be there or him to be here. He would love to study in Germany but the Visa regulations are almost unsurmountable especially seeing that he is an orphan who has been reying on himself for over ten years now without a safety net of family or anything.

I'm anxious to see what the future holds and trying to make something work either for him to come or for me to study abroad for a semester.

I joined this community in hope of finding insights, maybe advice or just a different perspective on things to keep hopeful and stay strong.

Cheers!

Met: 2006
    Started talking again online: October 2011
    Started "dating": 02/02/2012
    First meeting: July 2012 (6 weeks me to him)
    Second meeting: Christmas 2012 (8 weeks him to me)
    Third meeting: August 2013 (5 weeks me to him)
    Fourth meeting: July 2014 (3 weeks him to me)
    Fifth meeting: New Year's Eve 2014 (8 weeks him to me)
    Sixth meeting: July 2015 (11 weeks him to me)
    Seventh meeting: July 2016 (12 weeks him to me)
    Eigth meeting and getting married: December 2016 (12 weeks him to me)
    Closing the distance almost two years later than we had hoped on November 6th 2017

to LFAD!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

to the forum! Thanks for sharing your story
      Our love story:
      Attended the same high school 2004-2007
      Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
      Reconnected: August 2012
      Began dating LD: November 2012
      Engaged! March 2014
      Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forum I found out about the existence of this forum after being in a LDR for 3.5 years myself. Better late than never
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Yes, some people would like we LD lovers are weird, but we aren't. We love deeper than most.

Your love story is interesting; thank you for sharing.

It is difficult to communicate in an LDR without some misunderstandings. It takes much work and effort for both, but it's worth it. Hopefully, you can find a way to help him come to study near you.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
              Welcome to the forum I found out about the existence of this forum after being in a LDR for 3.5 years myself. Better late than never
              TwoThree: yes, better late than never

Thanks you guys for your welcome and kind words. I only saw them now (not really familar with any forums, this is the first one I am actually planning on being active on ....so I am still figuring things out ).

Closing the distance almost two years later than we had hoped on November 6th 2017

Comment

Welcome! x
                London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to the forums.
                    https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                    Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Thx you all

Comment

Working...
                      X