SO happy to have found this forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO happy to have found this forum!

I have been STRUGGLING lately with my long distance relationship and I am so happy to have found this place!! It's really difficult when you have nobody who understands what you're going through.

A little about my relationship: We met online and started talking but it wasn't really supposed to be anything more than a casual dinner date. He lives in LA and I live in WV but I was going to be in LA on vacation so I decided what the hell. We texted and talked on the phone for about 6 weeks before I met him in person. The second day I was in LA, he came over to the condo where my friend and I were staying (I didn't let him in the house... we stayed out in the courtyard to talk). I wasn't nervous all day but my friend looked at me right before he came over and she's like "Are you nervous?" and OMG. I lost my mind. I didn't realize until THAT moment that I was a mess. So he texted me to let me know he was there and I walked out and my legs felt like jello. I opened the gate and he hugged me and I swear to God in that moment, I knew it was way more than just a casual thing. It was like a lightning bolt hit me and I knew I was in trouble.

He came back the next night for a bit and we hung out. Still no kiss (except on the forehead) but I was trying to be patient lol. I didn't see him again till Saturday (3 days later) but we talked on the phone Friday night and he told me that he wasn't really looking for a relationship and especially not a long distance one and that if I didn't want to see him again, he would understand. I went to the beach the next day with my friends and the ocean always calms me.. I thought a lot about it and decided to give it a shot. I KNEW in my heart that it was special. So very special. We went out that night... me, him & my friend who I was traveling with. He came over while I was getting ready and waited and talked to me. When I stood up after my hair was done I knocked a lamp over.. I was a MESS. So nervous. Had a drink, started to calm down and then we left to go out. I was still kind of a mess and when we got out of the car to go into the bar, he said "If I kiss you, will you calm down?" and before I could even answer he just walks over and grabs me and kisses the daylights out of me. Holy crap. I had to hold onto him.. I thought I was going to fall. lol So after that, I really did calm down and we had a great night.

I saw him two days later (the day before I went home) and he spent the day with us. The closer we got to the end of the night, the more anxious and sad I got. I still didn't know how he was feeling and honestly, there was a big part of me that thought it would be the last time I'd see him. After all, he did tell me he didn't want anything serious. When we got back to the house, he came in and we had a talk. He acknowledged that there were feelings between us and he said he didn't know what would happen, but that we would just try to figure it out. He kissed me and hugged me and said "This isn't goodbye. It's to be continued.." and I pretty much lost it. Luckily, he didn't see that.

I was a mess on the flight home and for the next two couple days. We didn't talk much during those two days and that was a struggle. When I left, he told me that he wasn't a "talk on the phone every day" kind of guy and to be prepared for that. But like 3 days after I got home, he called and we talked from like 6 pm till about 5 am off & on... probably like 8 hours total. It was incredible and in that conversation he said "You know, you're pretty much my girlfriend". And that was really it. We DO talk every day. We text. I've seen him twice since then. I got back last month from 10 days in LA with him.

I know it's fast, but I believe with all of my heart that this is it for me and I HAVE to try. I have to give it a shot. So I am saving up for a move to LA and it's going to take a few months but I know I can do it. But I am SO GLAD to have found this forum because there are days when I feel like I am going INSANE being without him and I don't want to keep saying that to him. I know it's overwhelming. So I'm looking forward to having people who understand and will be there for me. And I hope I can do the same for others.

Nice to "meet" you all!

I love your story! Thanks for sharing it with us. I don't think it's fast...when it clicks, it clicks!
    Welcome to LFAD!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Thanks so much! I kinda love it, too

Comment

That is such a sweet storu Wecome here
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

That story is so cute. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Your story made me smile (: Welcome to the forum!
              “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

That is a very magical story. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Charming story indeed! Welcome!
                    February 2012 -- met online
                    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                    April 2013 -- met in person
                    June 2013 -- broke up
                    July 2013 -- back together
                    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Thank you all Thanks for accepting me here

Comment

to the forum! Thanks for sharing your story, it's super sweet
                        Our love story:
                        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                        Reconnected: August 2012
                        Began dating LD: November 2012
                        Engaged! March 2014
                        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I liked the part where he kissed you. I can imagine how it wNt in my mind and it sounds like it cam from a mood haha

But I'm glad that you found this forum. I was so happy when I discovered it too. It helps A BUNCH to talk to people in here that are going through the same thing you are. Everyone on here can relate to you somehow, unlike the people around you at home who don't know how to handle it or don't know what to say to you. It's difficult being the only one in the house you know.
                          Hope you enjoy the forum =] it's helped me
                          sigpic
                          Met August 2012
                          Official Nov. 18 2012
                          Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                          He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                          I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Working...
                            X