Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from The Netherlands and the USA

Hey there forum,

my name is Luc, I'm a 25 years old Dutch guy who lives and studies in The Netherlands.

Somewhere in August or September 2013 I met a beautiful young woman from California. I initially met her through an online video-game named Guild Wars 2. We used to play together, help each other out, and we just had a lot of fun.
    If someone at that time would have told me that I would end up in a LDR with this girl I would have laughed really hard in their face. I seriously wasn't open to the idea of an LDR at that time, and I thought LDRs were kind of ridiculous.

But this girl... she had an effect on me that changed everything. The more we started talking, the more I discovered how much on the same page we are and how much we compliment each other. I suggested to her that we should take more time to talk with each other outside of Guild Wars 2 and she came with the idea to add each other on Facebook and Whatsapp. When I saw her pictures on Facebook for the first time, I was overwhelmed by her beauty. She was (and still is) absolutely gorgeous!

Soon we started to Whatsapp each other every single day till deep in the night. I've spend entire nights Whatsapping with her, day after day after day, and it never became boring.
    At this point I suggested she and I should meet up in real-life, cause I really wanted to meet this girl in person. She was open to the idea and we made plans that I would come to her place this summer.
    Then I asked her where she thinks and hopes this thing between us would lead to, and I confessed that I hoped that after meeting each other, she would become my girlfriend. She replied that as far as she was concerned, I already was her boyfriend. At first I didn't know what to say to that, but the more I thought about her already being my girlfriend, the more I realized that's what I wanted. But before I really would commit myself to a relationship with her, I wanted to see her face to face. So I suggested we should Skype with each other with a headset and webcam so we could hear and see each other in real-time.

So we added each other on Skype, and the moment that webcam turned on and I saw her sitting there, smiling at me, I was sold. This girl needed to be mine.

And so our LDR began on October 7th 2013.

So far our LDR is really great, we have our occasional arguments, but nothing major. I'm seriously surprised how easy this LDR is for both of us. The distance really doesn't bother us, and the fact that we can't be physical with each other right now doesn't bother us either. Instead we focus on our amazing conversations that we have on Skype and we're both looking forward to the day we'll finally see each other in California, the day we'll finally be able to get physical with each other. I'm pretty sure it's going to be amazing.
    Last edited by Luc; March 10, 2014, 01:19 PM.

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

hey luc! gezellig nog een kaas kop hier
      you say it now that it is easy wait until you have seen each other, i sincerly hope it stay's that way for you
      sounds a little like the first time we saw each other on skype, we exchanged foto's first and then skyped man it was love at first sight! yeah i know cheesy..
      hope your meeting each other soon

Comment

Welcome!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your sweet story.

Comment

to the forum!
              Our love story:
              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
              Reconnected: August 2012
              Began dating LD: November 2012
              Engaged! March 2014
              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I hear the Netherlands is a beautiful country (: Welcome to the community!
                “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
                  hey luc! gezellig nog een kaas kop hier
                  you say it now that it is easy wait until you have seen each other, i sincerly hope it stay's that way for you
                  sounds a little like the first time we saw each other on skype, we exchanged foto's first and then skyped man it was love at first sight! yeah i know cheesy..
                  hope your meeting each other soon
                  Well I guess it will be really difficult to leave her again after my visit to California, I already mentally prepared myself for that.

Originally posted by LittleBox View Post
                  I hear the Netherlands is a beautiful country (: Welcome to the community!
                  The Netherlands is indeed quite beautiful if you go to the right places (hint: not Amsterdam, that place will not at all give you the best impression of The Netherlands).

Comment

Welcome aboard, Luc.

Comment

Welcome here! Im from Holland too
                      With you or with no one.

Comment

Working...
                      X