Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, But Also Not New. Hello!

Hey everyone!

You can call me by my username if you want, but I also go by Rowan. It's a bit quicker to type

I actually joined this website back in 2011, but for long-forgotten reasons, I never actually used this account.
    A lot happened between then and now, but it makes a cute story (and hopefully a good introduction).

My boyfriend and I met on a pen pal website. We hit it off right away, and shortly became very close. After about a month and a half of daily conversations, I started to develop feelings for him. I didn't want to act on it, because I'm in the United States and he's in the United Kingdom; I didn't think it would make much sense to confess feelings for someone I was probably never gonna see in my life. So, I tried my best to ignore my feelings.
    One night, he came back from hanging out with his friends and logged online. I thought he would've been asleep by then since it was like, past midnight for me, but no. He was awake and drunk, and drunkenly confessed his feelings for me. And that's how it started. We wrote letters, sent small packages, etcetc. We were really, really head over heels for each other.

We dated for almost a year, but near the end, it was tumultuous. I would go weeks without hearing from him, I had my own issues to take care of, but we still really cared about each other and tried to make it work. Eventually, he decided to abruptly end things, and he disappeared from my life. He blocked me from everywhere, and I wasn't really sure why. Everything happened really quickly. I was really heartbroken over the whole ordeal, but I accepted it for what it was and tried to move on. I dated other people, but it wasn't the same. I was still very much attached to him.
    Recently (within the past month), I decided to see if I could look him up on facebook. I could, but unsure of how he would react to me contacting him, I left it alone for the day. That night at like 3 am, though, I caved and I sent him a message. It ended up being a great idea, because we started talking again. It was like nothing had changed; we were talking every day, we were flirting, and we were happy. We had a heart to heart one day, which is when I finally got the closure I felt I was lacking from the break up.

He had been dealing with some things and didn't know how to talk about it, and instead shut everyone out, including me. After the break up, he said he realized he had made a huge mistake, but was afraid I'd be mad and wouldn't want to talk to him. He tried to date other people, too, but was also far too attached to me for anything to work. He apologized to me for everything, and told me that he never stopped caring. It was really cheesy and made me very happy. So, now we're back together. Things feel a little different this time, though, but for the better. We're pretty sure we're gonna make it work this time, and it's very exciting.
    We're aiming to meet up for the first time in either January or February.

But yeah, I'm excited to actually start using this account. It'll be nice to be part of the LDR community again

Hey, nice to meet you! Kind of sounds like my situation except I didn't get the happy ending. We're in the no contact stages after we used to talk all the time also with the abrupt no contact, not quite as far as you. That's exciting that you're going to meet. I haven't got a closure, either, right now so hopefully after sometime like yours we'll start talking again. So happy to hear that you're talking again after everything!

Comment

Welcome (back) to the forum! That is a cute story. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hope everything goes to plan, and welcome(back)!
        https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
        Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome!

Ldrxoxo, I wish you all the best <3

Comment

Working...
          X