Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now its time for me to introduce myself and share my story.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now its time for me to introduce myself and share my story.....

Hi! My name is Sam from the Philippines and my SO is from Australia. We met in a 3d chat world called Kaneva back in 2012. Actually I joined that site not to find a partner but to play the game because kaneva involves avatars that u can dress, dance, build a home, and attend parties. During my first few months at the site I gained a lot of friends from different countries even from my own. Then I met him, he's also a Filipino but living in Australia with his family. We became attached with each other maybe because of the same nationality. Our friendship developed into an online relationship(but no real commitment, honestly Im not a believer of a long distance relationship back then).

Until the year of 2013, he told me he will visit the Philippines for a family reunion and planning to see me in real. I felt a mixed of excitement and fear: excitement coz I will be able to see him finally and fear that maybe it will be different in real compared to virtual world. But when that day came, the first time I saw him, it felt like a continuation of our virtual love story but much better because this time Im able to touch, hug and kiss him. We only had 3 days being together because of his family commitment but he promised he will be back for me.

And last January, 2014, he came back just to see and be with me. I consider that day the start of our real relationship because I finally admitted to myself that I truly love him for real. Would you believe from the day we first met on the site until this very moment, we never missed a day with a text,mail or call just to say to each other we are ok.

I myself did not planned to be in LDR but I met my SO in that way and I believed I should be thankful in anyway as long as Im with him. He came back to Australia now and committed to visit me every 5-6 months.

Im happy to be the member of this community, all of your stories motivates and inspires me.
    Last edited by simplysam; April 24, 2014, 11:18 AM.

Welcome to LFAD, Sam ! Thanks for sharing your story with us

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad that your real world experiences are good for you both.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
            Our love story:
            Attended the same high school 2004-2007
            Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
            Reconnected: August 2012
            Began dating LD: November 2012
            Engaged! March 2014
            Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment