Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Introduction

Hi All,

I'm 25 and have been in a LDR with my current boyfriend (31) since Aug '11 and still going strong! We met in January of that year on an MMORPG, at first we were just friends talking everyday on something like skype. We exchanged phone numbers to text and he began to flirt with me! Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and I just had to meet him. I flew to Chicago from South Western Ontario Canada for a week. As we were driving to the airport on my final day in Chicago I asked him what's next/where do we go from here? He said that he would like to see me again, would like to stay in touch, see where this goes and that we had a good thing going. I was thrilled! And somewhat astonished for me to ask that - I'm usually shy and I'm of the belief that if a guy likes a girl then he should be the one asking. The rest as they say is history! I've went to see him four more times since then, as circumstances prevent him from coming to see me. He would like to eventually move here from Wisconsin (where he now lives) with me in the future once I'm finished school etc. Thanks all

Welcome to LFAD to a fellow Canadian!

I also met my SO on a multiplayer online game, heh.
    I hope your SO is able to visit/move to Canada soon.. we live in such a beautiful country!!
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me!

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thank you so much, I already feel the love :3! Before our relationship started, I had another friend from the same online game start a LDR with a fellow member that we all hung out with. I was having a hard time adjusting to being so far away from my boyfriend that I asked this friend how she coped, and she gave me this site.

Fast forward to this year: a friend of my boyfriend's started a LDR and came up from Chicago to visit her boyfriend and her boyfriend lives in the same city as me! Talk about coincidence! So we all got to hang out for a day (minus my boyfriend) and we had a lot of fun. A few days ago she texted me wondering if a LDR could really work, so I gave her this site. And the cycle continues

The site has really changed in 3 years' time. I'll admit that I browsed it once or twice when this site was given to me but not much more (my relationship was taking off on its own soon after it was given), but I always had it bookmarked just in case I needed some inspiration. When our mutual friend asked for help, I immediately thought " I know just the place!" I found that the site had grown into a beautiful community filled with understanding and compassion. I was so impressed that I thought I'd become a member. So that's the whole of my story thus far

Once again thank you to all you wonderful people that have greeted me so warmly! <3

Comment

Working...
            X