I'm Baaaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Baaaack!

So I guess I'm one of those rare occurrences where someone encounters TWO long distance relationships in their life and uses the same LDR site for both of them. I was on this site for about a year because of my ex boyfriend who I met online. I learned so much and it was such a help to be part of this community. A year and a half ago, that relationship ended and I said goodbye to this site. Little did I know, I'd be back. Shortly after that relationship ended, I got a message on my OkCupid account that I wasn't even really using. He lived very close to me and sent me an unbelievable message. I couldn't help but respond. I discovered that he was an absolutely wonderful person. Despite the fact that I was still getting over my ex, we continued to talk and eventually met up in person. Unfortunately, I didn't feel what I needed to in person and wasn't over my ex, so we went our separate ways. That summer, I moved to North Carolina for my job, and we got back into contact and he was there for me long distance and helped me to get through all of the new experiences and lonliness. Fast forward through a failed relationship with someone I met here that he supported me through in the background and lots of close connection developing between us. We finally decided that we cared about each other so much that it overflowed into romantic feelings toward each other (well, lets be honest, he always felt for me. It was I who had to come around to it). This past week we met up and there was an explosion of emotion fueled by our deep friendship we'd developed. So now we're tying things again, and we're very excited about it. He's here for a few more days, but soon we'll be beginning our long distance relationship. We've got the long distance friendship down, but we realize its completely different. We can't wait to get some support from this site and move forward in this relationship and see where it leads. I've heard that relationships can be the best when they start with a foundation of friendship, so I hope thats the case for us as well
    Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Welcome back
    In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
    In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
    -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome back dear! Really love moves in mysterious ways
      Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Working...
      X