Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie :)

Hey everyone.

I not sure if others consider 30 miles long distance but right now that is the distance for me and my bf. We have been dating for 8 months and counting. My parents aren't the biggest fan of him and so they make it hard for me to go see my bf or for him to see me. It used to be mostly during school events. I will be a senior in high school this year but my bf just graduated. We would generally go one to two months without seeing each other.

My bf just became a part of the Coast Guard. In 2 months he leaves for boot camp. I will be here in SD while he leaves for NJ. 1475 miles away with very limited contact. I can send him all the letters I want, but chances are I normally won't get any back. 2- 2.5 months of basically no talking. After boot camp he will be stationed somewhere. It could be as close as 2 hours away, or it could be farther away. Not many people from where I live know what this is like. They aren't in a LDR. I don't really have anyone here to help me through any of this.

I stumbled upon this site by looking for forums and things about Military life or LDR. I am glad I found this website as it has helped me already. I'm hoping being a member now will help more.

~Melissa~

Welcome! There are several people in LDR with people in the military here, so hopefully you will get some good advices.

Comment

Welcome to the community! I was an Army wife for awhile. Looking forward to getting to know you.

~

Comment

Welcome!

My SO is currently doing basic training for the Army, so yeah, the limited communication really does suck. But trust me, it will definitely make you appreciate the little things a lot more.

Met online: 04.19.14
        Became a couple: 04.23.14
        First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
        Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
        Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
        Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
        CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.
          I'm not sure how helpful I'll be, considering my SO is in the Canadian army lol however, I'm also here to help and be here whenever ya want to talk =)
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome

In 53 days I have to say goodbye to by boyfriend. I'm afraid of how it will be at first for me at school. I know I shouldn't think about how long before he's gone, but I do and I just wanna cry sometimes. I never once thought I'd be in a military relationship, but here I am. And I'm nervous/scared/happy/sad/all emotions.

Comment

Working...
            X