Hi guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

New to the forum, very excited to have found a community of people in the same situation My name is Ariana, I live in Buffalo, NY. My fiance Tom lives in the UK (in Essex, about 90 minutes outside London). We met two years ago on OkCupid when Tom was on a working holiday visa in Toronto. For 6 months we were a 2 hour drive apart and saw each other every weekend. He had to move back to the UK in December 2012. I've visited twice since then (we got engaged on my first visit, Christmas 2012), and he's been to visit me 3 times. Most recently, he was here for 3 months when my Mom fell ill in March. I had to put him on a plane a month ago and not sure when we will see each other next. We're hoping to close the distance within the next year, depending on how my Mom is doing and if we can successfully grapple with the UK Border Agency's strict requirements for a non EEA spouse visa. I'm on a couple of forums pertaining to the visa process and Americans living/moving to the UK. It's nice to have found one specifically about dealing with the unique challenges of having your heart in two different places.

Welcome to the community. Yes this is definitely a great place with a lot of amazing people with great advice and experiences to share. ^^

Met online: 04.19.14
    Became a couple: 04.23.14
    First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
    Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
    Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
    Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
    CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with everything. You're in the right place
      London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Thanks everyone Noodle I love your avatar! I had a Lisa Frank trapper keeper with that design in 3rd grade.

Comment

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! We're always around to help and give advice shall you ever need it =)
            Best wishes
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Ziltoid555 View Post
              Thanks everyone Noodle I love your avatar! I had a Lisa Frank trapper keeper with that design in 3rd grade.
              Lol thanks. Most girls had Lisa Frank growing up and I am OBSESSED with penguins so I thought it fit

Met online: 04.19.14
              Became a couple: 04.23.14
              First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
              Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
              Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
              Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
              CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Working...
              X