X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there :)

Hi all,

Thought I'd stick my head above the parapet and do the introductions thing

Well....Our story....we met while both travelling. I'm from England and he lives on the far side of Canada. Oh damn, there's a wasp in here (one of those moments when he could be being useful). Ahem. We met on a sail training ship in the Caribbean. He was a deckhand and I was a trainee. We sailed back across the Atlantic together from St Lucia to the UK and danced around one another (the rest of the crew knew before we did) for weeks before finally getting together. Since then we've been seeing each other as often as possible, which is interesting as I've been travelling and working in various countries and he is training to be a merchant navy officer / sails for a living. So its been over a year and a half now and we've finally given up trying to avoid an LRD.

I'm so head over heels for that bloody man that I can barely contain my high pitched squeal of excitement.

We were lucky enough to see each other for a few hours in Edinburgh and Norway this month....but 4 days ago I came back home and had to say goodbye to him again. As he may be on the verge of a new contract with a sailing vessel we have no idea how long we'll have to go before we can see each other this time. So in my hour of moping and heartache I figured I'd turn to the internet - and here all you lovely people are! Hello

Hello! Welcome to LFAD!
    May you find all the support and advice you shall ever need. Best wishes, stay strong! =)
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Welcome

Very romantic how you two met, you two sound very lucky to have each other

Comment

Welcome to LFAD and thanks for sharing your lovely story with us

Comment

I love hearing the different ways people meet their SO's. So cute and romantic ^^

Anyways, welcome to LFAD

Met online: 04.19.14
          Became a couple: 04.23.14
          First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
          Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
          Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
          Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
          CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Welcome to the forum .

Comment

Welcome to the forum :-)

Comment

sounds like a nice way to meet Welcome
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                  X