Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help wanted. Hello.

Hi everyone.

I would like to share my story and ask some of you to support or help.

My babe and I have knew each other since 7th Grade (2000) back in Hong Kong.
    That time we have been good friends and we have never not started any romantic relationship.

I moved to USA in 2008 and we started our long distance relationship over the smartphone on Mar 22, 2012 (Thur).

That is my first relationship.
    Last year, on Aug 22, I flew back secretly to Hong Kong and proposed to her.
    She said yes.

We are now preparing our wedding banquet in HK and paperwork to US.

It has been a long way for us <3

This year, I am not able to be with her for her birthday.
    I wish to give her a special gift.

I am asking my friends and families from different parts of the world and countries to help me.
    To send her a postcard and wish her a happy birthday.

I try to post the link here.
    But I could not post due to limited post I have.

Do you know how many posts I need before I can post a link?

-
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts.
    I will go back to ask for my friends' help then :P
    Last edited by oscartang; August 8, 2014, 10:57 AM. Reason: safety

The number of posts required to post links is unknown to everyone but the forum's admins.

So you want people from this forum to send her cards for her birthday? I'm sure there are people on this forum who would be kind enough to help you with that, but me personally, I would never go through the trouble for the girlfriend of a complete stranger, sorry. I don't think it's very polite to just barge in a forum and right away ask people to do something for you.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I suggest you take this down immediately.

You have posted her full name and address. She could get things in the mail that she may not want. I would not want complete strangers knowing my fiancee's address. For her safety, please take down this website and come up with something else.

Comment

I agree 100% that you need to take that down.

Besides, while the gesture is sweet, it would mean a lot more to her if you did something special just from you. If I was her, getting mail from strangers wishing my a happy birthday would really creep me out. This forum is full of great ideas of things you can do.

Comment

I agree with the previous posters. I think asking friend and family to send a birthday card is nice. Asking total strangers (and posting your fiancée's full name and address) on a forum that you just joined? Not appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
            I agree with the previous posters. I think asking friend and family to send a birthday card is nice. Asking total strangers (and posting your fiancée's full name and address) on a forum that you just joined? Not appropriate.
            That makes sense.
            I am too naive to think the world is a safe place...
            Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
            X