Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Aussie living in New York with a boyfriend in California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Aussie living in New York with a boyfriend in California!

Hi there!
    so thrilled to have found a forum of people in the same situation as me!

I'm an Australian expat who works in Advertising on Wall st. I am 23 years old (turning 24 in 3 weeks D, have an insane coffee addiction and I live on the Upper East Side.

My boy lives in the High Desert in California (about to relocate to Irvine!). He is 28, works in IT and is a singer in a band (he is so insanely talented).

We have unofficially been together for 3 months now, but count our official start date as 7/10/2014. This is because that is the first day we actually met!
    The boy and I were a part of the same FB fitness group since December of 2013. I honestly barely noticed him until around January of this year. However, we were only friends until around May or so.

Long story short, we were Facetiming every day and I decided to fly out to CA and see if our feelings were real. And they were!

I have never had such strong feelings for someone in my life. He is the kindest, most generous, loving, interesting person I have ever met. I truly adore him and he is the first person I have ever seen a future with.

However, the reason I joined this group was because I am really struggling with this LDR. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore the man and will be moving to CA to be with him when my work contract is up. But I get really annoyed with the fact that he is coping way better than I am with this situation. He happily lives his life and often times I struggle and feel really upset and lonely.

Hoping I can meet some allies on this forum who can help me through and I can help them all the same
    Last edited by Aussieabroad; August 10, 2014, 10:27 PM.
    I'll be seeing you again.

Well I'll be here if ya ever need me. I know how hard distance can be, just as everyone here knows the same pain. Stay strong, best wishes, and welcome to lfad
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
      You've definitely come to the right place to get advice from like-minded people!
      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
      became official: 28.03.11
      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Men handle stuff differently

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDean View Post
          Men handle stuff differently
          NO. PEOPLE handle things in different ways.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! You'll definitely find support here

Comment

Welcome, hope you find support on LFAD! We're definitely here to all help one another out. Sometimes the difference in thought-process with my SO is a great middle ground and "sanity base" for our relationship. Sometimes it's tough but the relationship is worth it!
              When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
              no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks everyone! V glad to have found a group where we can all support each other through this
                  I'll be seeing you again.

Comment

Working...
                  X