Greeting and Salutations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting and Salutations

I always find introductions to be a tad awkward, but here goes. I met my SO in the summer of 2000 in a chat room we both frequented. At the time, we were both in other relationships, but we clicked instantly. Over the years we developed a very deep friendship, but, as it can, life got in the way and we lost touch for a few years. Earlier this year, we reconnected and things progressed rather quickly from there. We were both in a place in our lives where we decided to take a chance on each other despite the extraordinary distance between us. I am an American in Arizona and he is Australian, but currently living in New Zealand. In June, I went to visit him - the first time we met in person. It was all that I imagined and more. After returning home, I found that I missed him tremendously. A week later, I found myself hopping back on a plane and returning to New Zealand. A week and a half later, we took the plunge and were married. I think it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Unfortunately, only six short days after, I had to return to the States. I have been home now for almost four weeks and I have been finding it a bit of a struggle to deal with the distance as we wait for him to be able to join me. I am looking forward to being part of the community and finding support with others who understand what we are going through.

Welcome to LFAD, Minxie. This is a very supportive community, I think you'll like it here
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

All of us here have known the fiends that are loneliness and waiting. May you find all the support and advice you shall ever need, from this forum and its lovely members. It's so nice to see a new member join this forum. Bringing their own unique story. Welcome to LFAD! =)
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
      X