Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello..new to LDR, and totally panicking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello..new to LDR, and totally panicking!

Well...hello anyone taking the time to say hello to the newbie...

a few things i guess,
    1. im totally freaking out
    2. my year long boyfriend is leaving to go to Lancaster university
    3. im being left behind
    4. im not sure i can do this and any advice, help, kind words, stories etc will really help because right now all i can think is how hard this will be for me and how he will be meeting new people and having new experiences whilst ill be home living my boring daily routine
    5. i like lists :3

Thankyou and sending hugs

Love Holly

Hie, listmaking Holly

You have come to the best place to find advice and share experience about being physically away from your loved one. There are people here who have done years of distance, they know all about it. I am not going to lie, it will probably be hard at times. But those times you can log on here, too. Most of us love Skype, phone apps and really all kinds of tecnhology, new and old, that allows us to keep in toch in between visits. Your life at home does not have to be boring, you can use this uppertunity to find something exiting to do for yourself, too, like start a new hobby.

Your hugs are cute
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hello Welcome to LFAD. First off, breathe! Calm down, everything will be fine.
      1) Being away from you will be hard for him too, don't forget that!
      2) This is a great opportunity For him, you should be proud! =)
      3) You can find all the help/advice/success stories on this site.
      6) If you both believe in your relationship, you can get through this!
      7)Communication is the most important thing, if there's no communication, it's hard to keep and have the relationship.
      8) I recommend keeping a journal, writing should help esase your mind and worries.
      9) Normally I'd be cautious because of your age, but if you believe in your relationship, then I have nothing to say.
      10) Keep busy, it's much easier to get through the days when they are filled with things to do.

If you ever have a really bad or good day or even a boring day, just message me. =)
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Hi,

As the others have so eloquently put, there is nothing to freak out about as long as you both are committed to it and have plenty of meaningful communication.

Hell my last CD relationship ended due to the lack of the last point.

Good luck with it all, it is a fair old trek between the two but not too difficult on the trains, so visits (if able to afford it) shouldn't be too hard to work out, very pretty part of the uk as well

Comment

Hi holly
          Welcome! I'm new myself too but I've found everybody here to be very comforting. It's great to have people in a similar position as a sounding board.

Comment

Thankyou! its so reassuring to know other people has survived the distance and made things work because i love him enough to know that i cant just let go of our relationship because he is moving...this website seems like a really good thing for me to be doing so thankyou for taking the time to reply, already feeling more supported, so HUGS and thankyou :')

Comment

Originally posted by p_b82 View Post
              Hi,

As the others have so eloquently put, there is nothing to freak out about as long as you both are committed to it and have plenty of meaningful communication.

Hell my last CD relationship ended due to the lack of the last point.

Good luck with it all, it is a fair old trek between the two but not too difficult on the trains, so visits (if able to afford it) shouldn't be too hard to work out, very pretty part of the uk as well
              lack of lists ?
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hello Holly,

Welcome to LFAD, this place has been a savior to me. I don't think I could have made it through without it. If there is any help you need, just ask.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                  lack of lists ?
                  lol no, though even if there were lists I don't think it would have saved us!

Comment

Working...
                  X