New to LFAD and in my first ever LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to LFAD and in my first ever LDR

Hi everyone! Like the title says I'm new to LFAD and wanted to introduce myself!

I am a 23yr old teacher and have recently entered into my first ever LDR and am a tad overwhelmed.

My SO is probably the most magnificent man I've ever met (don't we all think that about our own SOs?!) and I quickly found myself head over heels with him. He is active military and currently in Georgia for training while I am in NC.

In the first few weeks of our separation I was doing great with everything and felt so optimistic and excited for everything our future holds. As some time has passed, and his military duties/training has started and communication had become limited, I have found myself feeling painfully lonely and starting to doubt my ability to handle a LDR. I figured this is probably pretty common, especially since I've never done this before, that this was a great place to come to get support, advice, or get any other help I may need in regards to how a LDR works and how to help it thrive.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with you all!

Hello great to meet you! My SO isn't I'm the military but I'm in my first LDR so I can relate to feeling painfully alone. I've found this place has helped heaps! Look forward to chatting again

Comment

Welcome to thecommunity!
      Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

First off welcome to LFAD! May you find all the advice and help you should need from this community and it's members.
          My SO is in the military as well, it is so nice to gain another military LDR in this already lovely forum =)
          Should you ever feel as though you're going insane (and sometimes you will, and that's okay) feel free to message me.
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Heh small world, I am also a teacher and dating a military man (who will actually be back in Georgia at the end of the week). So yeah, definitely am willing to be a lending ear for any much needed rants =D

Welcome again~

Met online: 04.19.14
            Became a couple: 04.23.14
            First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
            Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
            Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
            Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
            CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
              Hello and welcome!

Heh small world, I am also a teacher and dating a military man (who will actually be back in Georgia at the end of the week). So yeah, definitely am willing to be a lending ear for any much needed rants =D

Welcome again~
              was waiting for you to comment on this one lol
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Lol you know me so well ;D

Met online: 04.19.14
                Became a couple: 04.23.14
                First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
                Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
                Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
                Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
                CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Working...
                X