Hey all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all!

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to have found this site with such a supportive group for LDR! This is exactly what I needed : )

My boyfriend and I used to work together, and we even had some undergrad classes together but we never said much to each other back then. We started talking and getting closer, and it's easy for me to say that he is the most incredible man I've ever met. He and I share the same likes and dislikes, and we pretty much have the same personality and way of doing things (yet there's enough difference between us to keep things more interesting, too). We both want to be pharmacists, too! I never expected to fall so hard for him, because I distanced myself a little bit due to the fact that my last relationship of four years ended HORRIBLY when he was studying abroad for the semester. I told my boyfriend this, and he had the same experience as I did, so he was completely understanding... and persistent. Finally I said yes to having a relationship with him despite the fact that I was going to be moving away in a few months. We practically lived together until I had to move out, and it was amazing. Not once did I have any complaints about his habits, and I found that I could trust him wholeheartedly and not worry about a single thing while we're away.

So here I am, 550 miles away from him. We're still in Texas, which makes me consider this LDR more of a "semi" LDR -- but it is still quite a distance nonetheless. I'm in pharmacy school, and once again money is tight because I had to leave my full-time job back where I did my undergrad. Flight tickets are awfully expensive, and the drive is about 8 to 9 hours, depending on the route you take. It's not much of a scenic route once you make your way out of the hill country. I have two exams every week until the last week of November, and he is working full time at a hospital from 1-10pm 6 days a week. Our schedules are busy, but we're doing our absolute best to talk as much as we can -- so far so good! This LDR should be temporary, I hope! There's a good chance he will move down and live with me in December, but it's more likely that he'll wait till May and finish up his undergrad classes. Either way, closing this distance is in the foreseeable future, and I'm so excited to be able to move on to the next chapter of our lives.

He's the one, for sure. I'll definitely do whatever it takes to keep this relationship strong. I know it'll be hard, but we have the trust and communication down and I feel that's half the battle! I'm really happy to be here, everyone! : ) I look forward to sharing the experience with you!

welcome :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome and howdy from from another Texan ~_^

Met online: 04.19.14
        Became a couple: 04.23.14
        First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
        Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
        Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
        Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
        CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

I'm new today as well!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thank you so much everyone! And howdy, Noodle! : )
                Courtornah -- welcome to us both! : p

Comment

Hi from another person in Texas. I'm not a Texan though. Just a person stuck here. My heart is in Maryland.

Comment

Working...
                  X