Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi everyone! I'm Val and I'm from Italy, I used to be a law student but I recently switched to foreign languages and literatures, I love gaming and I consider myself a cinephile.

My SO is a cute programmer from Canada, we met back in 2012 on a website but didn't really talk at first, then we got closer a few months later, became best friends, and started dating in July 2013. We've been together for more than a year and met in person 4 times (I took a sabbatical from school to decide what I wanted to do with my life and he invited me to stay with him for a few months, so we had the chance to spend a lot of time together until june). Unfortunately we hit a rough patch while I was staying at his place, as we both struggled to overcome a big obstacle and involuntarily hurt each other in the process, it got so bad we almost went separate ways. I convinced him to try again though, and I'm proud to say things have gotten so much better in the last couple of months, we're still in love and make each other happy In fact, he visited me for almost two weeks and we had a great time, although he left 3 days ago and I'm still dealing with the post-visit blues
    And that's exactly why I'm here, I googled 'LDR community' to seek support and I found this wonderful place. You all seem so nice and supportive, and the list of things for LDR couples to do gave me a bunch of good ideas
    Last edited by sugarkane92; September 13, 2014, 08:37 AM.

Welcome and congrats on getting through the rough patch.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome here
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome! Welcome
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Welcome!! : )

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome, nice to meet you!

Comment

Hi there, and welcome to the forum