Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New To LDR: Florida Girl with Boyfriend in NY - The Pain, Love, Fun and Frustrations.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To LDR: Florida Girl with Boyfriend in NY - The Pain, Love, Fun and Frustrations.

Hello,
    I am new to these forums but my boyfriend and I have been browsing through the LDR sight for a little bit now, and I decided it was time for me to join.
    I live in Florida and he lives in New York. I am 26 and he is 27.

We met on a mobile online Role Playing game, and soon started chatting beyond that. We chatted through an mobile app, then onto Facebook, phone, texts, and web cam sessions every night. It wasn't but a few months that we realized how much we had in common, how much we enjoyed talking to each other...and how quickly and strongly feelings were beginning to develop.

September 8th, he came down to Florida to finally meet me. I could hardly breathe. There he was in the flesh. Everything I was falling in love with, was finally staring in front of me. It was like a dream come true. He was here for three days, and we enjoyed every second. The day he had to go back home was incredibly devastating and difficult, but we made it official on the 11th of September before he left. We already knew...

It wasn't a month later before we couldn't take it anymore and had to see each other again. He made plans to come this month, and stayed for a week this time. We were just as much in love as before, if not more. The second time leaving...seemed emotionally harder than the first, because it had finally set in that our LDR was real and we were just as in love as we thought. The last time I saw him was Saturday (Oct. 18th) afternoon when I took him back to the airport...

Now we don't know when the next time we will see each other will be...but we are looking forward to every second... <3

Welcome to LFAD!
    Sounds like you're just coming down from the 'post visit blues' so I hope y'all set a date for the next meet up soon!!
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Welcome! I do the Ga-NY THING.....it's not too bad. We are lucky enough to see each other every other weekend.....and sometimes every weekend! At least there are easy, inexpensive flights!
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
          Welcome to LFAD!
          Sounds like you're just coming down from the 'post visit blues' so I hope y'all set a date for the next meet up soon!!
          Post visit Blues are slowly returning to normal... we're looking at the holidays for next visit, due to financial issues. So Fingers crossed. <3

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
            Welcome! I do the Ga-NY THING.....it's not too bad. We are lucky enough to see each other every other weekend.....and sometimes every weekend! At least there are easy, inexpensive flights!
            Which flights do you use? If you don't mind me asking, how are you able to manage that schedule? That would be a DREAM for us. Any tips? FL is not far from you and flights are SOOOO expensive. :/ <3

Comment

Thank you guys for the warm welcomes! <3

Comment

Originally posted by AlluringAlias View Post
                and flights are SOOOO expensive. :/ <3
                Well.. that's relative. :P
                FL to NY can get down to $225 or so (Orlando to NYC) but of course depends where you're flying out of and in to.

To see my SO, the cheapest flights get down to is about $1500. So remember, FL to NY.. it could be worse! :P

Comment

Hello and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here I live in Florida also.

Comment

Welcome
                    I know you said you're new to LDR. Different Countries posted this a few days ago I don't know if it'll relate to you but it's tips for a LDR.
                    https://members.lovingfromadistance....-Distance-Tips

If it doesn't apply to you, just ignore it. I saw it and thought it would've helped me when I first started my LDR.
                    Last edited by Redheart14; October 20, 2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X