Greetings from Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Washington!

Hello, everyone. I'm Ellna, hailing from Washington state. I'm 29, and my boyfriend Will (names changed for privacy! I hope you understand.) and I have been in a LDR for about 2 years now. He lives in Arizona, so about 1,400 or so miles apart.

We initially met about 8-9 (coming on 10!) years ago when we were both living in California, and attending a trade school. In fact, he was the first person to actually welcome me there, outside the staff! He invited me to play Monopoly, but I remember declining because I had just gotten off the plane and was very much in culture shock at the time. Anyway, I never really like him at all! We had different friend groups (who didn't like each other much) so I sort of avoided him. As adorable as I thought he was. Years went by, and I dated someone for a while. After I broke up with my now ex, I ended up being involved with a group of former trainees at the school I attended. They wanted to organize a reunion, and what do you know: Will was in charge of the idea. He contacted me about working on some graphics work, and we started talking. The more chatting we did online, the more we liked each other. And that summer we confessed feelings for each other. I flew down to see him in February 2013, and that was the last time I saw him in person.

About myself: I'm a graphic designer/illustrator fresh from college with my degree, trying to make things work in my new career! I'm very much a nerd. I love collecting comics (usually esoteric titles), gaming (both PC and tabletop), and can never have enough Star Trek. I love to make others laugh, and tend to put others before myself. I read constantly, and not a day goes by I don't spend hours drawing or sketching. I seek profundity and adore intellect of all sorts. Music is a passion, and my tastes are rather varied. I'm very sentimental, and tend to relish fond memories.

A bit about Will: He's an IT professional! He's the most curious, excitable, and optimistic person I've ever met. Nothing can get him down, and he's got this ridiculous sparkle in his eyes when he smiles. He's also a total nerd (I mean, he's in IT, he loves his tech!) and is sentimental, just as much as I. He's a talented writer, and his poetry is quite profound and beautiful. He is very much perfect for me, and I for him. In fact we have this sort of spooky synchronicity, more than just mere coincidence. And always about the most random things. The best part is, despite the distance, I often don't even have to say anything and he knows what's going on with me.

Things have been really hard for us - Not in terms of our relationship - In fact despite all our setbacks, we have grown even closer. We had planned on me moving down there around October... but unfortunately, things were not going well for him or me. Financial issues, family issues, and other things just kept coming between us. Now, at this point, we are unsure as to when I'd be able to move down there. My financial situation hasn't been great, so it's too hard for me to do it on my own yet. (I'm trying hard to save up, but with all the things that have happened to me this year, all my income - such as it is - goes to bills. You know, just life.)

I don't have anyone to confide in besides Will. I have no one to relate to. All my friends are supportive to a point, but end up being rather dismissive in a sense. It's not that they don't care, they just don't know what to tell me! I'm a pretty tough chick - I'm really strong and always see the best of any bad situation! I don't let things get to me. But lately, I've found myself so stressed I can't sleep, and in general feeling really sad and lonely. I'm not alone, I just feel lonely without being with Will. It's even harder now that things have been so hard for him.

I stumbled across this forum in a bit of a sad state. I admit, rather teary-eyed. I'm glad I did. It seems a lovely place to make friends and get support (and give it!) from those who know exactly what I'm going through.

I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks for reading my long post.

Welcome here
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

You will find all the support you need here. We all walk in the same shoes. Welcome!
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Welcome...

Life sure can be a PITA at times, but it sounds like you two have a great relationship.

I more than understand the difference of feeling lonely vs feeling alone - and for me actually it is mostly a mental frame of mind that makes the 1st more difficult to deal with. Stress doesn't help there though!

Focusing on missing each other, actually makes things worse, and so I have to try to focus on not bringing myself down with the 'missing you' aspects - once I do that I am happier, a better BF; the same goes for my GF and we get our spark back and enjoy the relationship rather than suffering through the bad times.

Comment

Welcome! I can relate to not having anyone to relate to locally lol

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

i feel ya on the support issue. i don't know if it's my family doesn't agree with this or if they're afraid i'll get hurt. having no one to talk to makes it feel like there's something to be ashamed of or you've made a dumb decision. since joining this group and being able to talk even if i don't get feedback makes me feel a whole lot better. welcome to the group.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
                  I can guarantee you that you'll find 282085 people to confide in here!
                  [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                  became official: 28.03.11
                  first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                  second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                  our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                  third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                  fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                  surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                  viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                  jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                  my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Working...
                  X