Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings!

Hi there. I never quite formally introduced myself so I figured I'd give it a shot now.

Well, I am 23, live in the US but moved here from Poland when I was 5. I am starting school in January, and have been working for my parents nearly my whole life.

I am not sure how I managed to get myself in this situation, but I made a penpal friend from Poland in April. She is 21. First we were talking normally and probably around late August we seemed to spark an interest in each other. Recently I asked if she'd ever see her and I together and she would give us a try but I could always fine someone in college. She also told me her past experience and how she got heart broken and has a hard time trusting others. Well, I didn't initiate anything since I figure I'd like to gain her trust and at least be best friends first.

I might go to Poland as a family trip this spring so hopefully it can give us a chance to meet and maybe initiate something then. She really is nice. I never had much experience with the whole dating scene but really, she seems like we are good for each other (it's a shame we don't live closer).

She told me too I contacted her the day she was quitting her penpal account. I contacted her the day I joined the site and I honestly have no idea why I wanted a penpal. So who knows - Maybe it's all meant to be .

Hopefully I can bring a happy ending to all of this. It's hard, and sucks, and I've thought of just giving up/deleting her but we've actually gotten close and my friends have been telling me to not give up and I will keep on going with it.

Anyway, that's my story and feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome to the community!!!

Comment

Thanks!

I can also add my parents actually did a LDR.

My mom met my dad on a trip to Poland (their families knew each other)

They wrote letters 6 months and then she went to Poland to marry him.

My situation is completely different though, and my dad needed to leave because of communism, so yeah. Still a tough spot but hopefully things can work out!

Comment

Working...
      X