Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Great White North!

Hi All

My name is Jami and i am a college student from Canada who is currently in a very wonderful LDR. My SO and i are not officially in a relationship yet because we have yet to meet in person. We are counting down the days until we get to finally meet which is February 13th 2015. We decided we wanted to wait until we had met to officially start a relationship. We were friends for a while before we expressed our feelings for each other and i believe that is what made us so close. He lives in the UK, which is 3295 miles away from me. We have been loving the adventure so far and talk every single day. I don't know about any of you, but i couldn't live without Skype! It is our best friend (When it doesn't freeze and go blurry on us). We are so excited for what is to come for both of us and because we are new to this i thought it would be great to connect with others and be able to read advice on certain topics.

I am obviously a Newbie to this forum but i am very excited to meet new people and share stories with one another. Its great being able to be part of a community and know that others are going through the same things. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and i hope to chat with some of you in the future!

Take Care,
    Jami

Welcome to LFAD, Jami Not long now until your first visit. How exciting!

Comment

Hello fellow Canadian! Welcome to LFAD!
      Where abouts are you from?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!
        I live in Eastern Ontario, how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by jamidee View Post
          I live in Eastern Ontario, how about you?
          Ottawa

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."

Comment

Welcome!!!

I'm in Devon UK and my SO is in Chicago

This is a great place for advice and support. We all understand the issues in LDR xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              Ottawa
              No way, me too! What a small world!

Comment

Its so great to not only meet others in LDRs but i never knew there were so many international LDR's too! It makes me feel like im not the only one embarking on such a crazy adventure. Thank you for your sweet welcome!

Comment

What are the odds?? lol

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how did you and your SO meet Mims?

Comment

My SO and I met through an online forum, much like this one, but for a TV show we both adore. We were just friends at friend but it progressed naturally...been almost 5 years now.

Comment

What a great way to meet! Forums like this definitely bring people together. I am noticing that more and more people are meeting online, just like me and my SO as well. The best part is when you aren't looking for them, if you know what i mean? Just like you, me and my SO were just friends for a while but one day he had the guts to express his feelings for me (Something i honestly never thought would happen, i thought i was the crazy girl who loved him from afar haha). What TV show did you two bond over? Congratulations on such a strong relationship, it gives me hope!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD from a Canadian to another Canadian (even though I'm way over on the west coast)!
                          Don't you just love having a definitive date to look forward to?!
                          Not too long till Feb 13th!!
                          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                          became official: 28.03.11
                          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
                            Welcome to LFAD from a Canadian to another Canadian (even though I'm way over on the west coast)!
                            Don't you just love having a definitive date to look forward to?!
                            Not too long till Feb 13th!!
                            Vancouver is beautiful, im jealous! Thanks for the welcome <3 And yes, counting down the days is so much fun and it gives us something to look forward to. Right now we are at 58, almost halfway there! The time flies, but February needs to come faster

Do you and your SO have a next visit date?

Comment

Welcome to the community!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X