British greetings! Minus the tea and crumpets! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British greetings! Minus the tea and crumpets! XD

Hi all. My name's Holly, a 21 year old Physical Geography student from (you guessed it) the land of fish and chips, otherwise known as the UK! I've been an avid gamer since the age of 15, and I've met all sorts of people, namely Americans. Some of the jokes I've heard about where I live have been bloody brilliant. Needless to say, I get on well with most of the peeps I've met! I tend to be quiet and introverted at first around nearly everyone, but after awhile I open up. I like to think I'm an easy-going, down to earth person with my eyes wide open as well as my mind. The kinda person who doesn't give a damn about what others think, the loyal friend, the one who will always be there for you when you need an ear to listen to your stories and problems!

I've been a member of this site for about 4 years, under the username HollzHeartsChris and this one, however my previous relationship with my now ex ended on bitter and rather unhappy terms. I've not had much luck over the past 3 years, especially in my absence from these forums... but now I'm back! And looking forward to being a member of the community once more.

My SO is called Kurdt, an 18 year old guy whom I have known since the beginning of this year. We met over an online game known as Neverwinter, based loosely on the world of Dungeons and Dragons. I am a roleplayer there, as he is, and this is what started us off. Through a mixture of loss, grief, depression and sadness, Kurdt has brought me round, brought me back up from beneath waters, and I am now happy to say that, though it is still early days, things have been progressing along nicely, and I remain quietly optimistic and hopeful in our relationship!

Anyway... hope to see you all about, and feel free to hit me up!

Holly

Welcome back!! And so glad everything is better for you now

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back Holly! I'm so glad you chose to stay optimistic and pursue another LDR despite what had happened in the past. You and i actually have a fair bit in common. I too am an avid gamer and it is actually how me and my SO met! I live in Canada and he resides in your beautiful country. We both have had failed LDRs in the past but are both older and much more mature than we were when they happened. We had a serious talk about what we wanted out of the relationship before pursuing anything. Therefore we are taking things slow and haven't made our relationship official until we meet, which is coming up very soon. I am over the moon excited!

I'm so happy you have found someone through your passion and i hope that your relationship continues to grow. Its great being able to connect with others who have the same interests, experiences and hopes. I wish you all the best and hope to chat soon!

Cheers

Comment

What's wrong with tea and crumpets?

Anyways, glad to hear things are on the up relationship wise

Comment

Welcome back, miss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
              What's wrong with tea and crumpets?

Anyways, glad to hear things are on the up relationship wise
              Oh, nothing at all. I once got asked, "Do you eat crumpets and drink tea with the Queen?" by an old American friend, and my response was, "Does that mean you have McDonald's with Barack Obama?" XD

Makes me think of that xD

Comment

Originally posted by jamidee View Post
                Welcome back Holly! I'm so glad you chose to stay optimistic and pursue another LDR despite what had happened in the past. You and i actually have a fair bit in common. I too am an avid gamer and it is actually how me and my SO met! I live in Canada and he resides in your beautiful country. We both have had failed LDRs in the past but are both older and much more mature than we were when they happened. We had a serious talk about what we wanted out of the relationship before pursuing anything. Therefore we are taking things slow and haven't made our relationship official until we meet, which is coming up very soon. I am over the moon excited!

I'm so happy you have found someone through your passion and i hope that your relationship continues to grow. Its great being able to connect with others who have the same interests, experiences and hopes. I wish you all the best and hope to chat soon!

Cheers
                That's so cute. Going to be awhile before I can visit GA, however I hope it will be in the next year or so. Commitments in the UK have to come first If you don't mind me asking, what was the game you met your SO through?

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                  Oh, nothing at all. I once got asked, "Do you eat crumpets and drink tea with the Queen?" by an old American friend, and my response was, "Does that mean you have McDonald's with Barack Obama?" XD

Makes me think of that xD
                  LOL
                  Great answer

Comment

Working...
                  X