Hello from US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from US

My name is Angela and I live in the US. I met my boyfriend Mike on OKCupid and then we met in person the very next day. We've been dating since July 2014 but we've only seen each other for 2 months out of almost 6 total dating because my boyfriend goes to school in Florida. I got to spend exactly one month with him July 15-August 15 before he left for school for 4 months. He came back in December and early this morning we drove him to the airport and I won't get to see him for another 4 months and if he gets an internship it may be even longer.

I joined this site because I'm having a hard time dealing with the distance. I just miss him a lot and it's hard being away from someone you love so much. I feel like having this site will make me less sad because I'll be able to talk to people in similar situations. Thank you for reading!

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forum and best wishes for your LDR!

Met online: 04.19.14
      Became a couple: 04.23.14
      First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
      Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
      Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
      Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
      CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Fight on!
        Seeing that there are so many others in similar situations and even those that succeed certainly gave me confidence. haha. I hope all goes well for you.
        Last edited by Lostviolinist; January 11, 2015, 09:27 PM.
        First contact: March, 2014
        Official LDR: June, 2014
        Married since: August, 2017
        “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Welcome!!

You're in the right place. I too was struggling really bad with the frustrations of the hideous distance but since bring on here I've been a lot better.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD; the distance is an issue, but keep your chin up, and you'll go far.

Comment

Hi! Welcome! You're in the right place for distance support! Most everyone here is super kind and always willing to lend an open heart

Comment

HII!!! I'm new myself! The relief and comfort that I've had from visiting this site in a few short days has been wonderful. Everyone seems so kind, and I know you feel hopeless. The first few days for me were agonizing. Not to mention on my return flight I got stuck an extra night in his country but total different city. I was soo very hurt and this week was even harder for me to grab ahold of my feelings. I'm kinda new to this LDR, however if I can help in anyway possible. Please let me know! Take Care and Stay Strong hon!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

You will fit right in here. They are loads of people on this forum that are in the same situation as you.

Stay strong.

Comment

Thankyou! I appreciate that!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
                      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                      became official: 28.03.11
                      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Working...
                      X