Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends

Hey all : )

I know I've spoken to a few of you when I've previously needed advice with my relationship.
    But today, I had a thought. We're all in LDRs therefore if there's one common trait with the majority of us, its our great communication skills!

I'm going through a difficult time, again, and wondered if anyone would like to be friends and just talk? Cause sheesh this loving from a distance thing is difficult. I know I have some great friends but I feel like its difficult for someone who hasn't experienced a long distance thing to truly understand.

for the record I'm 27, lawyer, living in London and right now in need of a friend!

I hope to hear back from someone but for now, wishing you all a lovely Monday xx

I'm 21 and from Wales, so yay for the same timezone. I'm going through a bit of a rough patch myself, so I hear you! Welcome to the forums and feel free to hit me up if you want. I'm always happy to meet/talk to new people.

LDRs are a test of time, to be honest, but as I once heard someone say, "Life is a game, and love is the prize."

Comment

Hey

Wanna trade? I'd be so much closer to my SO if I were in London
      Although I doubt your SO is near Finland....

I'm 34, secretary and live near Helsinki. Have two kids part time (share them with their dad) and a cat full time.

My SO left back home yesterday after a lovely weekend together.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
        I'm 21 and from Wales, so yay for the same timezone. I'm going through a bit of a rough patch myself, so I hear you! Welcome to the forums and feel free to hit me up if you want. I'm always happy to meet/talk to new people.

LDRs are a test of time, to be honest, but as I once heard someone say, "Life is a game, and love is the prize."

yay someone in the UK! lol i think I feel frustrated because right now it feels like a test of time, test of strength, test of patience and sanity! Wow I sound crazy, I promise I'm not

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
          Hey

Wanna trade? I'd be so much closer to my SO if I were in London
          Although I doubt your SO is near Finland....

I'm 34, secretary and live near Helsinki. Have two kids part time (share them with their dad) and a cat full time.

My SO left back home yesterday after a lovely weekend together.
          aww I have a cat too. I got back on Saturday after spending 6 days in the US with my gf. It was perfect, the best week of my life but right now I feel so confused!
          How can we private message?

Comment

Originally posted by S41r4 View Post
            aww I have a cat too. I got back on Saturday after spending 6 days in the US with my gf. It was perfect, the best week of my life but right now I feel so confused!
            How can we private message?
            I just sent you a quick line by PM. So you should figure the system out quite easy.
            Also if you want to send a PM to someone you just click on their name and go to their profile and click on "send private message".

I'm going to have a shower as my man will be Skyping me in half an hour.

Comment

Hey you,

UK is a nice place, I hope to visit friends there soon. Right now I feel long distance is pretty good, but I have been through tough times over visas and other issues.

About myself; I am 35, work in NGO administration and I also am a student. I have two guys who live in different countries. My boyfriend and our wonderful cat lives in Turkey, my husband lives in Norway. I usually stay 3 weeks in Norway, 1 week in Turkey each month. Sometimes my husband joins me on my travels to Turkey. The guys are really good friends. My boyfriend recently got his first visa to Norway, and once we settle the flight dates he will come to visit here for the first time!

Everybody feels confused after a visit, it is very common because in LDR you are always shifting between different modes. It is a bit of a roller coaster that we travel. I don't feel the cycle of it as hard now that I visit every month, but before I got that arrangement, leaving him was just awful. It can be very testing indeed. In the beginning I was going crazy by the thought that we would never be able to close the distance, let alone see each other regularily. Then I started to relax and more doors opened... LD tought me a lot about dealing better with uncertainties (while it tought SO how to plan...a little, anyway!).
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hello fellow Brit! Welcome to the forum.

From time to time we all go through a difficult time but just remember that their is a lot of people here that will listen and help.

All the best!

Comment

Hello!!! Another fellow Brit with a lover across the pond!

I'm 41, live in the South West, have two kids, two dogs, two jobs, one cat and a very hectic life!

I think a lot of us are going through it at the minute, must be the time of year. The distance sucks right now!!!!

Comment

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk I'm from Australia

Comment

USA here. You're always welcome to send a PM. The forums are great for talking to a bunch of us at once too.
                      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X