Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi everyone. My username is Callisto, though it isn't my real name. I'm from the United States; California, to be specific. My boyfriend lives in Norway. We've known each other for a year now, met on our writing site, where we're both apart of the moderating team. We didn't officially become friends until about three or four months ago, and then have almost been dating for two months, on the 30th of January. He's 24 and I'm 18.

I don't know how to explain my relationship with him. It's something much more than your typical "two month's of dating" relationships. For the lack of a better word, we're in love. We really are, and I think that's one of the rare beauties of LDRs, is that your bond grows stronger when you're far apart. Having to use our words instead of our touch to communicate love made this relationship 10x stronger than those I see around me every day at my college. He knows me almost as much as my best friend knows me, and she's known me for six+ years. It was always his plan to come to the US, and now he's working on it, seriously working on coming here. We're hoping within two years, we'll be together.

I joined the site because I needed somewhere where I could talk to people who knew what I was going through. I've already gotten the "that isn't a real relationship" from my step-dad. I hope I can help people through their LDRs as well.

It's nice to be here. :]

Welcome to LFAD always nice to receive a new member
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
      Welcome to LFAD always nice to receive a new member
      Thank you for your welcome. :]

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
          Thank you for your welcome. :]
          No problem at all ^-^
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
            Welcome
            Thank you, sweetie. :]

Comment

Welcome!

We're all too familiar with the difficulties of being in an LDR and others criticizing it. Hopefully you find this forum to be a help and place of comfort and understanding - it's a good place to start
              "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
              Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
              Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
              First Visit: December 7, 2017
              Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                ... I think that's one of the rare beauties of LDRs, is that your bond grows stronger when you're far apart. Having to use our words instead of our touch to communicate love made this relationship 10x stronger than those I see around me every day at my college.
                And there you've hit the nail on the head. When all you have is communication, I've found the bond you develop to be deeper than those who have the luxury of physical intimacy to distract. Even if, at times, those communication skills are tested.

Welcome to LFAD. You'll find a lot of us like minded and going through the same things. Hopefully you'll find the support you're looking for.
                "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Hi and welcome! I agree LDR's are definitely a lot stronger! I hope your man does end up moving to the US, it will be worth the wait for sure! Of course make sure you meet in person first though. I know marriage isnt for everyone (and you may not want to think about it at all after only 2 months) but I used the K1 fiancee visa to move from the UK to the US to marry my husband, it was very cheap compared to a lot of visa options and one of the easiest ways to get to the US. It only took 9 months from the time i applied to the time I moved to the US. There is of course many other options but the K1 (or K3) worked perfectly for us. Best of luck to you both, and don't worry about your step-dad, it is a difficult thing for some people to understand, he will come around

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. You certainly came to the right place for like-minded peeps, loads of us here in similar situations

Comment

Originally posted by sweetshay View Post
                        Welcome!

We're all too familiar with the difficulties of being in an LDR and others criticizing it. Hopefully you find this forum to be a help and place of comfort and understanding - it's a good place to start
                        I hope so! Thank you!

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                        And there you've hit the nail on the head. When all you have is communication, I've found the bond you develop to be deeper than those who have the luxury of physical intimacy to distract. Even if, at times, those communication skills are tested.

Welcome to LFAD. You'll find a lot of us like minded and going through the same things. Hopefully you'll find the support you're looking for.
                        Thank you for your kind words. I also hope so.

Originally posted by colalala View Post
                        Hi and welcome! I agree LDR's are definitely a lot stronger! I hope your man does end up moving to the US, it will be worth the wait for sure! Of course make sure you meet in person first though. I know marriage isnt for everyone (and you may not want to think about it at all after only 2 months) but I used the K1 fiancee visa to move from the UK to the US to marry my husband, it was very cheap compared to a lot of visa options and one of the easiest ways to get to the US. It only took 9 months from the time i applied to the time I moved to the US. There is of course many other options but the K1 (or K3) worked perfectly for us. Best of luck to you both, and don't worry about your step-dad, it is a difficult thing for some people to understand, he will come around
                        Ooh, thank you very much for that little tidbit of information!

Originally posted by Lilly9886 View Post
                        Welcome to LFAD
                        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                          Welcome to LFAD. You certainly came to the right place for like-minded peeps, loads of us here in similar situations
                          It sure looks like that! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X