Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 years later...

Hi...

I recently reconnected with an old love from my high school student exchange trip to Brazil. Both of have recently ended marriages and he contacted me after 28 years! What a shock! What a wonderful surprise! What the heck are we thinking?!?

Due to circumstances in my life, financial and otherwise, I have only recently had the means to travel back to Brazil and was planning a trip for 2015 when he contacted me. Looks like this trip is going to be an even happier reunion with loved ones than I originally planned!

We have many complicating factors in our lives that will make this a difficult venture for both of us. We are both in our forties and have fairly settled routines and lives, not to mention children who are grown or almost so. It has been a struggle for both of us to decide if our love was worth the upheaval and risk of pain, but I think we have decided in favor. And right now it looks like, when we do finally close the distance, it will be with me moving to Brazil. Which will bring a whole new type of LDR with my children and future grandchildren here in the US. I'm sure much of the same advice and ideas will apply, so I think I will find great benefit from this forum for a long time!

My screen name is a combination of the name of the town where I lived in Brazil (and where we would like to eventually close the gap and live) and the state I live in.

mococatx (Diane)
    My ticker will go here one of these days...

Hello, and welcome.

LDR's in your forties definitely has it own set of challenges, but I've been doing it for almost 6 years, and have managed just fine It can be hard, but you get used to it, and then it's not so bad.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to the site! I myself am pretty new here and I'm so excited to read your romantic journey

Comment

Working...
        X