Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello! LDR from Texas U.S. to Vermont U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! LDR from Texas U.S. to Vermont U.S.

Hello, hello!

I am being way more cheery about this than I typically am !

So I met my girlfriend online when I was thirteen (Yes I am ashamed it's kind of embarrassing ). We met playing a game called WolfQuest... pretty much just a RPG. There was a lexicon chat so we couldn't exactly talk a whole lot about our selves, we just played the game. Lalala like a year later her and I started skyping with some of our other online friends; we had moved to playing some other more open games so we could say whatever we wanted. Fast forward to 2013 and her and I started dating. I don't think either of us had a clue that it would end up serious. Out of our group of five or so friends her and I ended up being the only two to still communicate.

Once we told our parents and started talking about meeting each other I realized I was legitimately in love. Being a junior in high school brings along a lot of people that will tell you it's not going to last you're too young. I, however, went through a lot growing up and I've always been too mature for my age. None of my friends are anywhere near my age. Talk 30s and 40s while I'm eighteen. This being the case my family pretty much knew if I was taking it seriously then it probably was.

In April of 2014 we had our first meet. My mom and I flew up to Vermont (a nearly 2,000 mile journey that took a total of eight to nine hours.) I was scared out of my mind! Talk about finally feeling like a teenager. I was shaking and sweating, practically dancing around trying to calm down. (Did I mention I have anxiety disorder? nono really I do ) So anyways... Pretty much it went like this:

I saw her and her mom walk into baggage claim just as I had grabbed my suit case off the luggage conveyer belt. Annnd well I just dropped everything, laptop included (it was in a bag thank God!), and ran straight into her arms. I like to picture myself as calm and put together. Not so much. I think we held on to each other for a good three minutes. And everything I thought about had me getting dizzy. Her smell, her height, the way she feels, her hair, her clothes; I felt crazy to be honest, to notice so many things about one person. Hold on, this gets even lamer she pecked me on the lips ah! Okay I know it's not a big deal but I, for one, hadn't kissed anyone yet. I was sixteen for crying out loud I needed to get the whole "First kiss" out of the way!

I spent a whole week in Vermont with her and her family. It was pure bliss. Nothing changed, it felt like she had always been right next to me. Our relationship was swift. There was no awkward "friendly stage". I was cuddled up in her arms the same night I arrived there. Which for me meant a lot, I don't bond with many people, in fact I'm rather anti-social and untrusting.

And then I left... went home to Texas. Cried a lot... suffered, realized I loved her more than I even thought possible.

And one week later I was planning her trip to be here in July

She stayed down here for ten days. We bonded more and more and more. She blended right into the family. And when she left the heartbreak was almost unbearable; worst than the first goodbye.

As soon as she left I was begging my mom to let me go to VT for my birthday (In August). I ended up working my butt off to buy myself a plane ticket. I stayed in VT for ten days, her parents let us share her room... which I thought was weird. However I no longer can sleep peacefully without her. So, yay me, sleep ruined.

When I left VT I wasn't sure how I could do this any longer. Every time I had to kiss her goodbye I could feel my heart go to my feet. The depression after leaving her, or her leaving me, lasted for weeks. (Depressive and anxiety/panic disorder over here.)

And then she came for my Christmas break. (She graduated high school in 2014.) She stayed for three weeks and that pretty much ruined everything. In a good way. I never once felt like "I wish she would give me space." Actually we both led our lives, just with each other. Neither of us ever got frustrated. I felt normal, like we were finally a normal couple. (Other than... being gay... and really young.)

I can honest to God say when she left I didn't think I was going to be able to live without her. I missed school I was so upset, I stayed in my room, barley saw my animals (which are my life btw) and my grades started falling.

A few weeks went by and I forced myself to cheer up. She promised she'd be back. And she's coming on March 7th.

So... that's our long... not very complicated story up until now. Other than I have huge ambitions, she'd rather be a gentle free floater, let life take her wherever she happens to go. She works, I don't. (Horse stuff, school, etc.) We both live with our parents which I think is wonderful lol who WANTS to move out? The biggest issue is her mom. Her mom is dead set on trying to keep her from moving to Texas. Lindsey (my gf) wants very badly to move down her. She doesn't get along well with her family and she hates the weather there. I however have a HUGE loving family that I just... I could never leave them. I also have a lot of commitments and promises set down here. So we've always known when one of us moves it'd be her.

But, despite the struggles of youth and distance, she's moving here in May/June. She's going to live at my grandparents house until she's firmly settled. (The grandparents offered to let her stay with them... yeah that's just my family ) She wants to do community college down here, get a job, eventually an apartment, etc.

We've discussed that she not move here just for me. And that is very important between us. That she come here in search of a place to start life, not just to follow me.

I graduate in June and start community college in August, and I'm praying really hard she's going to be here to start this crazy journey of being an "adult" with me.

Comments, suggestions, success stories, concerns, etc are welcomed I love input. And I'm not thin skinned so don't feel like some small little thing would bother me!

Welcome to LFAD!
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Love your post I met my SO through an RPG game, I've vaguely heard of WolfQuest but never played it myself. Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Working...
        X